Activating the Droid X?
KeepOnSingin

I bought a Droid X off Craigslist and when I went to activate the phone it activated on the old owner's account, not on mine. How do I fix that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activating the Droid X?
Wildman
Legend
Contact CS or activate online... If the device activated on old users account you may have issues because it sounds like they didn't transfer their account to another device..

Try hard resetting device and then attempt again and see if you are prompted to input your number when you activate device..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
Contact CS or activate online... If the device activated on old users account you may have issues because it sounds like they didn't transfer their account to another device..

Try hard resetting device and then attempt again and see if you are prompted to input your number when you activate device..
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
did you key in your number & pin to activate when asked?
0 Likes
KeepOnSingin

It didn't ask for that which confused me...

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

that's why it activated the old number.

i've gotten a few phones from craigslist & part of my buying used is that i can activate the phone.

one phone had been suspended & wouldn't activate so the other party had to get into a verizon store to clean up the mess so i could activate, BEFORE PAYING.

0 Likes
KeepOnSingin

So what do I do now?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
as was recommended earlier in post, talk to verizon cs on another phone about the dx.

that's why when buying a used phone you need to ensure it has a clean esn & taking the word of the seller is something i won't do.
0 Likes