Adobe No Longer Supports Flash 9
Southron_98

Since losing "flash" interfers with many applications the community has questioned both Motorola and Verizon as to what if anything they were going to do about it.  You are correct, nothing.  We were referred to Goggle which is a lost cause as they took this action to increase their market share.  But both Motorola and Verizon stated they either made the phone and that was all they were responsible for or they sold air serice again that is all they are responsible.  There are some supposed fixes but you'll find they don't work as after a update they no longer work.  My personal question is how can both companies continue selling their devices stating they are capable of this or that when they know that is no longer possible.  By the way my local store told me to buy an "I-phone".

0 Likes
Re: Adobe No Longer Supports Flash 9
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Adobe made the decision to stop supporting the Flash player for mobile.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The flash player on my phone is Flash 11 Most website that use Flash want you to have at least Flash 10. So what's the point of having flash 9 anyway?

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

With HTML 5 right around the corner, Adobe made a Valid Business Decision to discontinue supporting Flash on the Mobile Platform.  This has NOTHING to do with Verizon or Motorola or Google. It is 100% Adobe.

That said, the phones themselves still support Flash as Flash is only an application. you would need to change your Browser to a Browser that supports Flash (Dolphin Beta, and a few others still support Flash). So you can install Dolphin on your phone, then install Flash on your phone (you would need to get it from Adobe most likely). If Flash was on your phone it is most likely still there and once you install Dolphin you should be able to use it.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Jakeman1 wrote:

With HTML 5 right around the corner, Adobe made a Valid Business Decision to discontinue supporting Flash on the Mobile Platform.  This has NOTHING to do with Verizon or Motorola or Google. It is 100% Adobe

Around the corner my butt. WAYYYYYY to many websites will be using flash 5 years from now to have adobe just to abandon it. And they wouldn't have if is wasn't for Apple.

0 Likes