After soak test update, I get error messages repeatedly. The majority are "unfortunately, messaging has stopped", but you can replace messaging with "android os", or any other process, as it happens with more than just messaging. I have had numerous peopl
kristinaf333
Enthusiast - Level 1

After soak test update, I get error messages repeatedly. The majority are "unfortunately, messaging has stopped", but you can replace messaging with "android os", or any other process, as it happens with more than just messaging. I have had numerous people call and ask why I didn't reply to their texts...and I look, but have not received any new texts. YES, I have restarted phone. I have cleared data as well as cache on all apps. I have downloaded the vzw messaging app, which seems silly, since it happens with several different processes and apps, but all to no avail. I am missing texts from my employer, from my family. This did happen, but rarely, before this "soak test". It is now Kitkat version 19.6.3.obake_verizon.en.US. THIS is when I started having problems...like 50 times a day kind of problems! I have seen hundreds of posts all over the internet over the past 3 days. Does no one know how to fix this??? Shouldn't there be a way to revert phone to a pre-update state? and no, hard reset did NOT work!!!! I have been with verizon for well over 15 years, but I have not upgraded my lines and will not in July either. This is ridiculous. It's not like my games aren't working, it is my messaging and "android os"...my lifeline at work!

Re: After soak test update, I get error messages repeatedly. The majority are "unfortunately, messaging has stopped", but you can replace messaging with "android os", or any other process, as it happens with more than just messaging. I have had numerous p
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

kristinaf333,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear your messages are not working since the software update. I greatlly appreciate doing all that troubleshooting to try and get the messaging application back in business. I know how much I rely on my messages so I can understand the urgency to get this resolved. Have you had a resolution ticket opened since you started experiencing issues with your messages? Does this happen with all contacts or just some? Please provide additional information to ensure we get to the bottom of this for you.

KarenC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: After soak test update, I get error messages repeatedly. The majority are "unfortunately, messaging has stopped", but you can replace messaging with "android os", or any other process, as it happens with more than just messaging. I have had numerous p
TomP61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue.  It worked fine prior to this update.  Now this message is constant on the Droid Ultra, same version of OS.  Frustrating.  It keeps stopping and starting.  It happens with different contacts, single messages and group messages, and when sending photos.

jbolin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here on a droid maxx

0 Likes
TomP61
Enthusiast - Level 1

'After missing too many text messages I went to the local Verizon store.  They told me to reset to factory defaults, and that would fix the issue.  I already had my contacts backed up, so I copied off all of my photos.  Then I reset the phone to factory defaults, and now it works fine.  I too was having the messages come up 50 times a day, and I missed many text messages, so I did this out of frustration.

To reset (which will wipe your phone out), I went to 'Settings', then under 'Personal', I selected 'Backup & reset', and under 'Personal Data', I selected 'Factory data reset'.  It wiped the phone out, but I did this on June 5th (and this is June 12th) and I am 100% fine now.

0 Likes
dolores
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue - have done a hard reset, received 2 replacement phones and no luck.  I have missed many text messages and often can't even send a text.  Where is the patch that I was told by Verizon tech support was to be pushed out on 6/30?  I have the Motorola Droid Ultra.  Too many hours spent trying to have a phone that works.