All text messages disappeared/deleted on their own, even locked messages (???)
lexie

Has anyone else had this issue???  It  happened to my whole family. All text messages just disappeaed on their own. So I rebooted my phone thinking it was a glitch with the new 2.2 upgrade, and nothing. I lost everything!

0 Likes
Re: All text messages disappeared/deleted on their own, even locked messages (???)
izgil

Yes, on September 9th it happened to me too. Don't know why it happened.

0 Likes
Re: All text messages disappeared/deleted on their own, even locked messages (???)
wrobin1

It happened to me as well.  Just a few minutes ago.

0 Likes
Nicoleb0127

Yup...happened to me too.  I'm so angry because I had text messages in there I was saving for blackmail.  Has anyone tried emailing verizon to see if there's a way to recover them??

0 Likes
sfenton24

Same thing happened to me. Before bed last night all my 20 or so text conversation streams were present. When I looked this morning, they were gone! Is there any hope of recovering them?

0 Likes
kruck55
It happened to me as well. Just today as a matter of fact. I lost all of my text messages. It's weird that this seems to be happening all wihin a couple of days. I gave up on recovering them, but I would like to hear some suggestions.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Your task killer is killing the messaging. Uninstall the task killer, you don't need it anyways.
0 Likes
kruck55
I don't have a task killer. And they don't delete messages. Anyone else have a solution so this doesn't happen again?
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Task killers do delete messages but anyways are you using any apps for texting, or just the stock messaging app for android?
0 Likes
TT14

I lost all of my text messages last night too. Very upset had some that were locked with addresses & info. Hopefully someone can tell us what the problem is so this doesn't happen again. Don't think its the Advanced Task Killer been using that as long as I've had my phone. Thanks

0 Likes