Android 2.2 update coming in early September- Will it address the email notification issues??
tlcruiser

The upcoming Android 2.2 update for Droid X. Will this update address the email notifications issues?? I don't have a corporate email account, but use my Droid X for my personal business. I love this phone but the email is annoying. The emails are not coming through quick enough, I don't get notified when new email arrives. I have to do a refresh to lear that I have new emails in my inbox.

I want like to know if the upcoming 2.2 update will address these issues for personal email like aol, yahoo etc. I know they mentioned something about exchange servers being faster. This is a disappointment for me, I thought I have push email with Droid X but not really. Can Verizon comment on this?

Thanks,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 update coming in early September- Will it address the email notification issues??
Madmax24

You can set your phone to check for mail at intervals varying from every 15 minutes to manual check when you don't want to be bothered.

Click on the Messaging icon. When your accounts appear, press the Settings button on the bottm left of your phone. Select Messaging Settings. On the next screen, select E-Mail and then select E-mail delivery. Now, select "Fetch Schedule" Click in the appropriate radio button and use the home or reverse button to back out.

If this works for you, click the problem solved icon.

0 Likes
Re: Android 2.2 update coming in early September- Will it address the email notification issues??
droidxep

check your battery settings, if you have it on anything but performance it stops your email push

0 Likes
supahrob

Not true at all - mine is set to "Smart" and I get push emails just fine.

Take care,

Rob

0 Likes
RyanAZ

I cannot wait until Verizion adds the support for flash content, that is going to be nice!. Hopefully it will happen within the next month or so.

0 Likes
tlcruiser

I did all those, ie. set my email config to push email, battery on performance mode, check my outgoing and incoming servers and ports. All are corect settings, I even configured all my aol accounts with gmail settings to see if that would work but still not getting push emails. I even did a factory reset. I know this is an issue because I also checked Motorola support forums, a lot people were experiencing what I am going except that I think most them have corporate email and exchange issues.

I don't know whether this could be addressed with the upcoming 2.2 update not just for corporate but personal emails as well, VERIZON ? Motorola??

Thanks

0 Likes
spinninghorse

I do not have a corporate account being used on my DX. I have 1 gmail, 3 of my own domain named accounts, and one AOL account. I receive and send without any issues. I am notified when the first email arrives - my phone says 'DROID'.  There is also a little notifier icon at the top of the phone screen so I can see if I have mail waiting.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There is an option you need to turn on to get Email notification.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48563/p_country_code/US

0 Likes
tlcruiser

I did all the above, I have email notification on, date push checked, battery on performance mode, enable data background.

I wonder if someone from VERIZON can help out??

0 Likes