Android Incredible 2 isn't charging?
zprice23

I've had my Android Incredible 2 for 11 months. I woke up this morning and my phone was fully charged so I unplugged it. After utilizing for it a couple hours the battery life went down. I went back to sleep and plugged my phone again. Again I awoke with 100% battery. I used it for like 5 hours on and off and the battery life went down. I plugged my phone in and made sure it was charging, and it had, it went up a percentage number. After about an hour, I went to check if my phone was charged and it was down to 9% battery life. So I restarted the phone and plugged the phone in again and still no charge. Eventually the phone just stopped charging and now I have it plugged in and it'll blink orange for a minute and then the blinking will stop and that cycle continues. I've done my research and I saw that the Incredible 2 has a problem with the charging port and I'm not the only one who has experienced this problem. My Incredible 2 has charged slower than when I first got it, but I assume that comes from the amount of apps and data used. I haven't physically damaged the phone, nor is there sign of water damage. If my phone is proven faulty, will I be able to receive a replacement phone from Verizon? And are there are other measures that I could take to maybe get a charge? All feedback will greatly be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Android Incredible 2 isn't charging?
zprice23

*Then the blinking will stop

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

You might try a new battery first. A Verizon service center can help you with that. If the charger port is broken they may not replace it but its worth a try.

0 Likes
zprice23

I found out that I have the manufacturer warranty on my phone which lasts a year from the day that I purchased the phone which was in July. I haven't caused physical damage or water damage, therefore I should be able to get a replacement phone. How could I have caused physical damage to the charger port by just plugging in my phone to charge? That wouldn't be consistent with my story. The problem that I am experiencing with my phone is a consistent problem that many others have had. I'm pretty sure I will be provided with a replacement phone. Thanks for your comment though.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You SHOULD be covered under warranty.  I have not had any problem getting phones replaced when something failed on them.  It will be a certified like new replacement, but those are usually just as good as new phones.  Call tech support (from a different phone than your DInc2) and explain the issue.  They will probably have you pull the battery and possibly do a factory reset, but assuming that doesn't help, a replacement should be on it's way.

0 Likes
Chazzunusmaven

I also have been having consistent problems with the charge port, this being my 2nd DINC2, one suffered from loose port.  This morning i had a full charge, during the day went to charge as battery was low, and lo and behold wouldn't take a charge at all.  My biggest problem is that I have exhausted my amount of claims I can file with Asurion and therefore I guess I will have to pay for a new phone, which I don't have.  Orange light blinks intermittently or not at all.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
byocci

I had this same problem with my Droid Global. When the battery got to about 25% I would start charging it, but instead of charging, it would take all the juice out of my charge and the battery would die. I tried different chargers, but none would work. I finally took it in to a retailer. They thought that it might be the battery and ordered me a new one. It took full charge right off the bat, but when i tried to recharge it that night, the same thing happened over again. After going to the retailer again, they ordered me a new phone. Within a week, I was having the same problem. I asked if I could just get a different kind of phone, but they couldn't do that. So they again ordered me another phone.  I did NOT download any type of Data Manager apps this time (they told me when I was there that they would cause more damage than assistance), and I haven't had a problem with this phone since. It didn't cost me anything and I was not charged anything, because they said it was a manufacturer's defect and not my fault.

0 Likes
JBurg

I've recently had this issue. My phone is no longer under warranty but I do have insurance on it. I called and told them what  was happening, the customer service rep was one of the nicest ladies I have ever spoken to. I have a refurbished phone on the way. No questions asked. As long as you're under warranty or have insurance, you're ok,

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Only if you have the extended warranty or total equipment coverage.

0 Likes