Android Market Stuck at "Starting Download"
Bruhaha

Hi everyone,

I tried to update the app "Soccer Livescores" yesterday but when i clicked the button, it got stuck at starting download.  Ive tried hitting cancel download, but it simple force closes the Market instead of stopping the download.  Restrating my phone hasnt helped either.

Any help apprectiated, thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Android Market Stuck at "Starting Download"
max3000in99

Long click the app in the market and then do a cancel. Only way it worked for me.

0 Likes
Suigeneris

Me too. Yellow pages and Useless Facts have been stuck downloading for 2 weeks now.

0 Likes
RonAnderson
Cancel dl and try again. If that doesn't work reboot and try again. If that doesn't work either get in touch with the market or Google
0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Bruhaha. I have read your post and understand your concern with not being able to update your application on your device. You can re-program your device by dialing *228 press send and select option 1 to re-program. If this option does not work, a hard reset can be done on your device. Here are the steps to doing a hard reset.

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located on the bottom of the screen).
Touch Settings.
Touch Privacy.
Touch Factory data reset.
Touch Reset phone
Touch Erase Everything.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Bruhaha wrote:

Hi everyone,

I tried to update the app "Soccer Livescores" yesterday but when i clicked the button, it got stuck at starting download.  Ive tried hitting cancel download, but it simple force closes the Market instead of stopping the download.  Restrating my phone hasnt helped either.

you need to clear the "market place" cache.  the same happened to me when my ghost radar stuck on installing.

go to "Settings"

"Applications"

"Manage Applications"

Find "Market" and then click on it

click on "force stop", then "Clear data" then "clear cache"

you might be able to get by by just pressing "clear cache" but i did all three and i have never had a problem.

this method also works if you can't find a certain application that you know should be in the market but isn't showing up.

0 Likes
johnM356
Contributor - Level 1

geezus, is every Verizon Employee response to EVERY problem just "Factory Reset"?

Why not just say "Smash it with a brick and come buy a new one"?

willanaya is right.

Go to Menu > Applications > Manage Applications > Market

From there clear BOTH the Cache and Data.

0 Likes
bob2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bruhaha wrote:

Hi everyone,

Try turning off WiFi and use 3G to download. Works for me when something will not download.

0 Likes
Suigeneris

I finally dumped the apps. they were crap anyways. Problem solved.

0 Likes