Any other NYC commuters with Charge?
mancella1981

This phone is pretty close to a paperweight for me (at a pretty high monthly cost).

I commute between NYC & NJ each morning and night. 8 times out of 10, when I go underground through a tunnel or subway, the phone never regains signal on its own when I emerge. I must manually enable airplane mode and then disable it in order for it to gain the signal back (this operation takes a good 3-4 minutes). Of course, this becomes quite frustrating when by the time it regains its signal, I go into another tunnel and then have to start all over again!  Same thing when I go into my building at work and then come back outside.

This becomes EXTREMELY frustrating when I am relying on this phone to check for train/bus delays or schedules. The phone has actually cost me 1-2 hours of additional commute on more than one occasion when I could not get onto the NJ Transit website in between leaving my office and walking to the subway (about 5 minute walk). I was not able to see significant delays or outages that I could have easily avoided with my old RELIABLE Motorola Droid.

Does anyone else use this phone that commutes in NYC?  I know others have this signal outage issue, but was wondering if it's as bad/miserable as what I experience on a daily basis.

It's ludicrous that I'm paying this much for additional stress and MISERY in my life.

Verizon/Samsung - it's about time you tell us the facts that you can't fix the issue and rectify it by offering us exchange to a Bionic, a refund, or significant discount/credit. You've been stringing us along for far too long. I'm heading for the hills when my contract is up if this disgrace continues!

0 Likes