Re: Any way to adjust or turn off motion sensitivity?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sounds like the Email application and Tapatalk are the real culprits. I use the Active Display on two of my devices and I don't see anywhere near the battery drain you are experiencing. Maybe you could change the Email to push notifications instead of the 4 hour sync you have now to see how the phone responds. You can also remove Tapatalk from the phone to see if there is a difference.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

While the culprits may be the default Email app and Tapatalk, when Active Display is disabled they are not keeping the phone awake even though they appear to be triggering a wake attempt. I suspect its the interaction between the Active Display app and the apps, Active Display or the apps by themselves do not cause the drain, but when they interact with each other they appear to cause a drain.

The Email accounts that I'm using do not support push so I'm stuck with the 4 hour mailbox check frequency.

For now the somewhat happy medium seems to be enabling Active Display BUT disable all apps that one can choose to appear on Active Display and enable More Privacy with Active Display. This way the phone screen can still be unlocked with a swipe after movement activate the screen but there doesn't appear to be as much battery drain. Down side is the on screen notifications are not available because they are disabled.

0 Likes
bennor3814
Contributor - Level 1

An update for anyone who was having a similar problem. I have turned off Active Display all together and the battery life is now significantly better. With light usage can go two or more days before recharging. Went four days at one point (see screen captures below) before charging.

Here are the current settings I use:

Normally I have Data off since I'm around WiFi most of the time.

I unchecked Active Display in the Active Display app.

Set the email update frequency to four hours.

Under Advanced Wi-Fi set Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep to Never

Enabled Avoid poor connections under Advanced Wi-Fi.

Enabled Wi-Fi optimization under Advanced Wi-Fi.

Under Display, Sleep is set to 30 seconds.

Under Display, Brightness is set to Auto.

Screenshot_2016-11-26-17-12-51_zps59fl3pzq.png

Screenshot_2016-11-26-17-12-58_zpsweyhznhc.png

0 Likes