Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
Tidbits
Legend
No you wouldn't be 8985 person to get it. You could end up being the last or the first. Have to remember things are sent in a package based on your region. 5-25,000 could be your region and if they sent the update all at once in that area the update could take longer to download or people may have a corrupted download. It is randomly generated and then sent out based on what the IMEI of the device. for example i have 0001 and you have 8985 and the random generator hit 8985 you'd get the update and i would still be in the list of queues.
0 Likes
fibercoug1

Still nothing. Tacoma, Wa. Verizon customer for 16 years, one of the first to buy the Charge. The way it seems to be going I will be the last to get updated as I was the first to buy the phone. Seems to be going in reverse order of purchase date. 

0 Likes
natgtr
I just let my phone die for the first time in days. The second I put it on the charger the update came to me after waiting anxiously since Tuesday. Once. My battrlery is charged enough I'm gonna sit back and enjoy some gingerbread.
0 Likes
shuddle13
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I was sitting here impatiently waiting for my Gingerbread update, reading all the threads, I picked up my phone to activate WiFi in the hopes that somehow it would help me find the update. When I unlocked my screen, it said I have an update waiting. Downloading now, FINALLY. Will let you guys know how it went. Seems to be downloading over WiFi pretty quickly. So far, so good. I'm sooo excited after waiting patiently for my turn. Updates for everyone to come. 

0 Likes
shuddle13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just finished the update over WiFi, took about 10 minutes or so total. Went from Froyo 2.2.1 to Gingerbread 2.3.6. Haven't played with it much yet, but the color scheme seems the same so far. I see that the notification bar is gray/green, but everything else still seems to be poop brown and orange. Overall response time of the phone seems to be much quicker. New download manager on the screen as what looks like an additional app. Screens loop now instead of stopping.Google books was automatically installed as well. Screen redraws seem VERY fast. That's just initial reviews. 

0 Likes
dirge80

Got the notification at 12:58am PDT. Took about 20 minutes to install, flawlessly, I might add.

Everything seems alright... 'cept that GPS isn't working like it should!!! Grrrr! I'll play with it when I wake up in the morning.

Overall, I am pleased.

0 Likes
sirluke99

4:51 am  just got update in Maryland   About to start update now

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

Ok guys I just got the push.....I will give a report as soon as its done!

0 Likes
Richs10
Enthusiast - Level 3
I got my update overnight. Installed smoothly in about 20 minutes with only one reboot at the end.

The phone is much faster with no lag (I had developed a big lag problem that was getting worse with froyo). Minor cosmetic changes noticed so far. I like that you can scroll through your homepages in a continuous loop now.

Although I'm not sure what it means, my Quadrant score has increase from the 950's with froyo to the 1320's with this update. Can someone tell me what that means? (It sure sounds impressive!)

Rich
0 Likes
Richs10
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hmmm,

that Quadrant score keeps going up with each test this morning.  1320, then 1580. Last test was 1686! 

It was consistently in the 950's with Froyo.

Not sure what it means, but I like it!  Anyone know what it means?

Rich

0 Likes