Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
UMFootball1989
How are any of us so certain that its being rolled our? How many people are suppose to get it today and when might we get it?
0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

From what I've heard tonight at 11:59PM more of the roll out will be pushed, but who knows if there is really any truth to that or not. I'm thinking about doing it through my PC with the update.zip.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

Where are you getting this info from? could you post the link?

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

UMFootball, I'm sorry I do not have the link, but somone on one of these threads for Gingerbread posted a transcript which someone over on the XDA sight had posted about information regarding the GB OTA Roll Out. It stated that around noon time the roll out would begin to 1k customers on 11/29, then at 9pm another 19k customers, then that would be the "soak" process, they would see how it goes, then tonight at 11:59pm they will push more, around 100k from what I understand and then Friday 12/2 they will up it even more. But I do not know who got this and from whom it came from, but so far it seems to be within reason of what has been happening. But it could all be **bleep**....I dunno. I would just like to GB love!!

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

I again contacted a verizon rep and told them that its all over the internet....then they proceeded to ask me if i got it off of their website(which obviously says comin soon) they only go my what is posted on their site

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Green, here you go:

Originally Posted by davey11

Got this from a post on xda:

"OTA (Over The Air) Push / Pull Details DROID Charge (i510) – MR3 Version EP4 will be pushed Tues 11/29 at noon to 1K customers followed by 19K at 9:00PM Eastern. There will be the ‘soak’ period to evaluate the push. Upon success, beginning Thurs 12/1 at 11:59PM we will ramp up the daily push quantity to 100K, followed by the remaining base on Fri 12/2. Users will not be able to pull the software. Download times 2–5 minutes – depending on network conditions."

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

This was off Android central in the Charge Forums from the thread "EP4 OTA arrived and installed". But yea I don't know who this is from...a rep at Verizon, network engineer? Who knows...I don't know if this is true or not.

0 Likes
averagejane
Enthusiast - Level 3

If the xda post is believed only 20k phones have been updated so far and the next 100k will begin tonight at 11:59p.  Guess we have many hours to wait til even the next bunch of phones are updated.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Yea, this could take awhile :smileysad: I'm hoping most will have it later tonight or by the end of tomorrow. But supposedly it can take up to 30 days to get, so we might be waiting for awhile.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

No...it wont take up to 30 days...im current chatting with a samsung rep btw...

0 Likes