Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
DAFISHER
Enthusiast - Level 2

:smileysurprised:  got a suprised visit from the gingerbread man this morning so far all is good 

speed is noticeable GPS almost instant

0 Likes
PJBtheBull17
Enthusiast - Level 1
I turned on my DC this morning to check for updates, as I do every morning, assuming I will see the very quick response of 'No new updates available, you are already up to date with Froyo ... live with it!" But, this morning it was already half way through the download. I helped it along by turning on WiFi. The rest of the download and install was flawless. I now have Gingerbread 2.3.6! Mystic CT is on Verizon's delivery schedule!
0 Likes
Griever_2112
ok at 1:00am EST i had nothing. i turned my phone off.... up at 7:30am EST i got the promised screen... i am running Gingergread!!!! so far the Samsung interface seems the same. but the Android parts changed. like the notification is now blueisn with the highligts green. my menu is now reversed (black color with white writing) there are 4 new apps something called books and 3 from Verizon i have no plans on using. also you can now swipe screens from first to last. also my notifications changed.
0 Likes
myg187

just got it. installing now. Minnesota.

0 Likes
loudclutch

Received the coveted system update notice at 07:45 AM in the Chicago burbs...

0 Likes
rav5479
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it at 6:45 am this morning and it looks like more and more people are waking up to some delicious gingerbread.  It took about 10 minutes to install but 45 minutes to fully scan my media card.  I am hoping this is just because it hasn't scanned it yet with the new OS and not something that is going to happen everytime I turn off/on my phone. 

The camera has less shutter lag which is what I mostly wanted with this update since I have a 7 month old son and its hard to take good clear pictures with out him moving.  Now it is easier.  I have a dslr for great photos but my phone is for spare of the moment ones. 

As for switching from page to page in apps it is a little bit laggy not as clean as I was reading from previous posts. 

Browser is a lot faster with responding to requests than before. 

These are just little things cuz I am picky and could be because the phone has just started running the new OS, but overall I am very happy Samsung and Google took their time with this update. They saw all the major issues people were having and fixed them.

0 Likes
freefl

Finally it's my turn. When I wake up this morning, saw the update popup I dreamed of (seriously, I had dream about it). Now installing....

I am in NYC, bought my charge on the first day- May 12.

0 Likes
Mean_Streak

Yep, woke up this morning to Gingerbread goodness! Install went easy. The phone does appear snappier. GPS lock was within 10 seconds.....thank God for that! I do have to apologize as I mispoke in an earlier post that when my girlfriend installed hers it had a new keyboard. Did not realize she had Smart Keyboard on her phone. So, to correct my statement.....keyboard is the same. But glad this has finally arrived and now lets work her over to see what she can do.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Still nothing here in Phoenix AZ.  I must be last on the list.

Ok, switched to WiFi and got the update screen.  Downloading now!

0 Likes
loudclutch

Follow up

Received system update notice at 07:45 AM in Chicago burbs...

15 min download and a very slow boot ~ 1.5 minutes and boom shuckalaka - Gingerbread!

Very noticeable increase in the speed of the OS. Apps load very quickly. GPS locks very quick as well.

This is my 2nd Charge (CLN). The first Charge frustrated me to no end and devolved into uselessness. My current Charge is a vast improvement from the 1st, although after approximately 2 weeks of use it started to lag a little, take longer for data connections and had random oddities.

The bad thing is that the call quality is not that good. It seems that on long calls and some calls from the start the clarity of my receiver speaker gets muddled/garbled. I'm hoping that this update cures this as it is frustrating to constantly say: "sorry I didn't get that can you please repeat."

I'm really hoping that the sound quality improves with the update.

0 Likes