Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
DJA984
Does anyone know how to activate this "Device and SD encryption?" I would like to secure my device... Thanks
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
Go into your security options.
0 Likes
fibercoug1

Still waiting in Tacoma. This will be the last time I am the first to buy a newly released phone.

0 Likes
pinesman7

:smileyhappy:

The Android bunny arrived at 1AM and woke me out of a deep sleep...............( the bright white update screen lite up the whole bedroom!) OTA arrival for Oceanside CA.  I was estatic and was on the verge of going with the download "update.zip".  Glad I didn't (that was a last resort in case verizon abondons the release of GB 2.3.6!  The little android with his box worked for about 10 minutes flawlessly and shut down for the reboot. Came back up after a couple of minutes and booted with the adroid icon which hung for about 3-4 minutes (guess it was loadingd alot of new stuff) and then booted up to the normal home screen.  I did a bench mark on the GB  with quadrant standard and got 1475 (top of the bar rating), prior to update,  the rating was 959 under froyo 2.2.  This phone is so fast now, I am very pleased with the update and results.  I also now was able to get "Gotya" App which uses the front camera in the event your phone is lost of stolden.  The front camera was successful in taking the picture and sent it to the email address on account).  The GPS is awsome.  Not only does it load almost instantly, there are alot of new features with gas stations, restaurants, etc that appear on Natigation as icons.  I use Maps to locate and then kick in Navagation from the map screen for driving directions which is very fast now.  The music player is crystal clear and the instruments, voice, music are so clear and sharp you swear you are at a live concert.  The Camera is just like everyone is saying, it shoots fast, locks in for a sharp picture and I am still going thru all the new features with the camera.  Haven't seen the new wall papers yet, does anybody know where they would be?  Scanlife App now focouses instantly and grabs the bar code quickly and gives you the results on all the latest prices on items, I'm  sure this had to do with all the camera updates with the release.  This phone is now worth its weight in GOLD and is running the way the phone should be.  The battery life is much better and doesn't drain as fast under 2.2.  I don't care if ICE CREAM SANDWITCH doesn't come for a year or never.  THIS PHONE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who haven't received the OTA update yet, You are in for some very good news!

:smileyvery-happy: 

0 Likes
PJBtheBull17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my DC back in August and I had a lot of fun exploring the new phone. Now getting Gingerbread, four months later, is like getting a brand new phone.  I get to reexplore it all over again.  Only now,  it delivers at an amazing speed and half the battery consumption.  I am reenegized and looking forward to buying accessories for DC.  I am going to keep it for a lot longer now. 

BTW I have had a cell phone since the lat 80's to early 90"s and only ever owned four different physical cell phones.  DC is my fourth.  Both my daughter and wife have gone through countless number of phones with loads drama. I have never needed tech support to trouble shoot or to 'fix my phone".  That is what user manuals, Wireless Communities, forums and knowledgeable friends are for.  I have never rooted nor manually updated but, I admit, this takes an enormous amount of patients.  This has paid off for me.

0 Likes
natgtr
When I'm in my message app my cancts picture never shows but it does in my contacts list. All of my contacts are joined with my social network accounts so I was wondering if this problem has happened to any of you. Its only in my message app that their pictures never show.
0 Likes
tstover
I take it the comment about there being aother update coming out next week was wrong?
0 Likes
tstover
Another*
0 Likes
jj515789

Idk I took my phone that is having a problem not installing the gingerbread update to my verizon store and they like didnt even look at my phone, the guy just said he just got an email this morning that was relating to my issue and they were going to release a new update within the next week, I was just like uhhhh ok??? Well if I dont get a new update that works I will be back next week then.

0 Likes