Re: Anyone receive the gingerbread (2.3) OTA update yet?
Plucknbach

C'mon folks,  you know what they said,  "If you watch the pot, the water will never boil"  Be patient.. you get your GB by next week.    "Follow the dangling carrot....

0 Likes
AndrewDM

The software date is 11/23/11 build EP4. I spoke with 2 VZW 1 regular CSR who transferred me to Tier 2 and Tier2 stated that this update is not being pushed by VZW and that it would be pushed by Samsung. They confirmed that the date was correct (11/23/11) and VZW had no control on this OTA it would come through their system but pushed by Samsung. They weren't aware that it had yet been pushed by Samsung even though it was approved and ready to go. Take that for what it's worth...the wait continues!

0 Likes
strike01

sry double post

0 Likes
strike01

well i got this from a samsung rep and they are saying it's up to vzw

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Keisha'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Visitor: hi, according to the verizon website we are supposed to recieve a update starting today yet no one has seemed to recieve it yet, i was told i should contact you from verizon

Keisha: I understand that you are looking for Android 2,3 version update on your Samsung droid charge phone, am I correct?

Visitor: yes

Keisha: Thank you for confirming.

Keisha: I am sorry to hear that.

Keisha: Android 2.3 version is released fro your phone.

Keisha: The update will be done Over The Air.

Keisha: I would suggest you contact your carrier.

Keisha: We would have surely helped you, if we had any information regarding them

Keisha: You can contact Verizon support at 1-888-466-4646.
 Click here to reach them online.

Visitor: i am speaking to one and she knows nothing

Visitor: is there anyway i could recieve the update from you guys ? download it?

Keisha: I am so sorry to hear that.

Keisha: The update will be done only through Over The Air.

Visitor: but from what i was told you (samsung ) have a section where we can down from?

Keisha: I am so sorry to inform you, any update will be done in either of the 2 ways.

Keisha: One is through kies or Over The Air.

Visitor: kies?

Keisha: For your phone, update will be done Over The Air only and the update is released by your carrier.

Keisha: We would have surely helped you, if we had any information regarding them.

Keisha: I would request you contact your carrier.

Keisha: Can I help you with anything else?

Visitor: no,

Keisha: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!

[Edited to comply with Terms of Service]

0 Likes
bluevolume
Enthusiast - Level 2

AndrewDM wrote:

The software date is 11/23/11 build EP4. I spoke with 2 VZW 1 regular CSR who transferred me to Tier 2 and Tier2 stated that this update is not being pushed by VZW and that it would be pushed by Samsung. They confirmed that the date was correct (11/23/11) and VZW had no control on this OTA it would come through their system but pushed by Samsung. They weren't aware that it had yet been pushed by Samsung even though it was approved and ready to go. Take that for what it's worth...the wait continues!

No, no, no.  Not true.  Its Verizon's phone and Verizon's network, and VERIZON sends it out.  Please just take my word on it, I know what I'm talking about .

If Samsung released it themselves, it would have been out months ago.  Its Verizon's QA that has made it take this long (right or wrong).

0 Likes
NoLeafClover

Don't bother going to the store to update it.

I went in yesterday specifically to ask if I could get the upcoming update for my phone through the store when available.

I was told no, its only OTA and they will be sending blocks for it- 1000 each time.

Before I went to the store, I had called in verizon to check on the update progress, and they told me THEY HAVE NO RECEIVED any updates for the charge yet.

Now I don't know if that is just another verizon rep not knowing his crap, but this is getting sad..at least we got an official manual upgrade to do it from the sd card

0 Likes
Griever_2112

ohh.... this is {please keep your posts courteous}

Samsung: It's not us it's Verizon...

Verizon: it's not us it's Samsung...

Me: Well someone is lying?!?!

My Dad got the 2.3 build on his Droid 2 (the freakin 2) back in September. HOW can a phone over a year old get an O/S update before the first Droid running on 4GLTE????? And now these two stupid IT departments are playing the "its not me its the other guy" game... I swear to God, Odin, Zues and Buddha I will NEVER, EVER, EVER by a Samsung Phone again, every single one has given me problems. I'm sticking to Moto or LG from now on.

0 Likes
bpuleo

" I will NEVER, EVER, EVER by a Samsung Phone again, every single one has given me problems. I'm sticking to Moto or LG from now on." 

I second that! I'm right there with you and proabably most other Charge owners at this point as well.

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has to authorize any updates through their network. Unfortuantly most techs on the phone know after it is startign to be pushed (you woudl think they would update their log files so when peopel ask they would see it on the screen).

If you are waiting on the OTA, be patient, it will cycle areas and device numbers then cue you. Most times new updates are pushed in the later evenings.

0 Likes
jbrookley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I'm giving them til tomorrow night to at least confirm that SOMEONE has received it (preferably me) or it's my last Samsung phone ever and I'm going to consider leaving Verizon.  

0 Likes