App advice
kbh

I just downloaded a whole lot of apps for my new Droid X. I can see myself getting very dependent on these apps as I add data to them. I'm super excited to use some of them - esp. the productivity ones.

Can someone please tell me how to protect the data in the apps and the apps themselves from getting lost if shomething should happen to my phone?

I just don't want to invest a lot of time on using these apps and then Poof! they are gone without any way to recover them.

Still remember the day my "wizard' from the late 80s died and I lost all of my contacts and calendar data for work and home. Don't want to repeat that.

0 Likes
Re: App advice
Wildman
Legend

The contacts and Calendar info  is backup to Google and can be restored in case of a situation like that  Other info may can be backed up with MyBackup from Market but I can say for sure that it will backup all information needed because of the security restrictions.

0 Likes
Re: App advice
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

you could go to the market and download an app called appbrain. sign in using your google account and it will allow you to sync all the apps on your phone to the appbrain server for retrieval if in the chance you need to reinstall any lost apps. It can offer some recommendations to other apps that may interest you by knowing what apps you currently use. best of all its free.

0 Likes