Assigned Ringtones are not working
sunshine1180

I have assigned specific ringtones for specific contacts and recently when that person calls me, the specified ringtone is not working, instead my default ringtone for people I don't know rings. I've gone in and re-assigned the ringtones, but it still isn't working.  Please if you know what to do, help me fix this!  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Assigned Ringtones are not working
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

sunshine1180 wrote:

I have assigned specific ringtones for specific contacts and recently when that person calls me, the specified ringtone is not working, instead my default ringtone for people I don't know rings. I've gone in and re-assigned the ringtones, but it still isn't working.  Please if you know what to do, help me fix this!  Thanks!

I found that the Task Manager by Rhythm Software was responsible for causing this problem.  I removed the Task Manager and restarted my phone, and now I do not have a problem with assigned ringtones.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
atlosci
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.  This only started happening in the last few days.  I'm running Android 2.2

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Power the device off then back on, then dial *228 send and option 1.  

Then you would want to go back to the contacts, and re-select the ringtones for each contact.  

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

sunshine1180 wrote:

I found that the Task Manager by Rhythm Software was responsible for causing this problem.  I removed the Task Manager and restarted my phone, and now I do not have a problem with assigned ringtones.

0 Likes
untateve

I did this and it is still not working.  the ringtones keep going back to my default.

0 Likes
smooth52

I had to make my contact phone # 10 digit and it worked.

0 Likes
colfrmb

What does this do?  I just got my phone and I am customizing it.  I had the original (motorola) Droid and never had to do this.  Is this because this person has...an "older"  Tbolt? Or do I need to do this too?

0 Likes
colfrmb

yeah, about that.... It seems like one of the people I assigned a special ring tone just called me and it didn't have ANY ring and went to voicemail eventually... why?...

0 Likes