Attaching audio
jh143

Has anyone been able to attach audio to any message, email etc from there Droid?

0 Likes
Re: Attaching audio
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes, I recorded a message and texted it to my sister and it worked

0 Likes
jh143

How about a music, wav, mp3 etc....?

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

haven't tried that yet, anyone else tried it?  if so I'd appreciate seeing how it went

0 Likes
Hody8884

Moto Droid WILL NOT.  The HTC phone will.  After spending 3 days on the phone with Verizon and Motorola <--- Moto = NIGHTMARE..... I have found the answer i was looking for.  The HTC will allow you to send audio on your phone or card in a text.  The motorola WILL NOT. It allows SMS and MMS but audio is called enhanced SMS or something and the Motorola Droid does not support it.  The only app i have found that does support audio texting is Handcent, but it has around a 100-150kb limit on the file size.  Not real sure why this Motorola Droid cannot do something that a $10 phone can do but mine is getting sent back for the HTC. Not sending audio would not be a deal breaker for most people but for me it is.  I expect a phone like this to do everything but tuck me in for bed.  Anyways, the answer i got from verizon is the Moto Droid does not support sending audio(mp3, wav, ogg, etc..) in the form of a text message at this time. No work if they every plan on making it either. They said to looks for apps to do it but so far none i have found will do what the HTC does on the default messaging service. 

0 Likes
MrHacks

OK...this is a little creepy. I though I commented about something like that in another thread about the same issue.

Deja Vu.

0 Likes
Hody8884

You did Mr Hacks.  I was a little upset that day.  Trying to talk to motorola's outsourcing will put anyone in a bad mood.  Moved all my complaints the my post you commented on.  I made a little more clear post about what i was refering to.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
HELP ME PLEASE Audio Issues
gijoe

I know the title says attaching audio but I can't find a thread closer to my issue.

How do you get audio received in an inbound text message to play. I downloaded Handsent it works good to upload and send audio but I get texts from people with audio files attached and they just wont play even if I forward it to myself.

0 Likes