Audio Issues
JRK50

I have had my Charge for 6 months now. All of a sudden in the last week the audio on the other end is terrible. People are telling me they cant hear me, sounds like static or sounds like I am in a tunnel. I did *228 to reset reception - No good still the same issue.

Any help on this? Or do I need to get a new phone?

0 Likes
Re: Audio Issues
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

*228 is a big no-no for the Charge.

I would check to make sure that you have the latest kernel (FP1 under "about phone").

are you experiencing this in certain places (at home vs. at work vs. on the road etc.)?  could be the cell signal in the area as well (could also be on the users end too).

0 Likes
JRK50

Nope the kernel is OK - It is FP1

I experience the audio problem everytime I speak to someone on the phone. They either cant hear me or it sounds like I am in a tunnel. But I can hear them hear them fine. I dont think its the cell signal

Brought it to the local Verizon store and they said it sounds like its defective - trying to followup with my corporate HQ to see if I can get a new phone - Its under warranty

It is really odd -  This just started happening last week out of the blue   

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

here's an odd suggestion - have you tried to clean out the mic at the bottom of the phone?  I have heard where some folks accidentally cover the mic with their fingers during calls.  if you have a bluetooth device, does the issue persist then as well?

how about recording videos, are the audio issues noticeable then?

sorry i can't be of more help, as I don't experience this problem.  but it certainly sounds like a hardware issue (and somewhat common complaint for the Charge)

0 Likes