Auto Backup Assistant KILLS my data Connection
myvzndroidsucks

I have the backup assistant turned OFF... the symbol still appears at the top and complete kills all data connection for HOURS. I'm in my house with 4G LTE service, and wi-fi and have not had updated tweets for 3 hours, facebook does not load, I haven't received email notifications for hours (although I've received emails on my computer), and my weather channel app still has the same "current" weather that it had hours ago.

I have to re-start my phone to get connection back! WHY!? ... this is the 4th Droid Charge I've gotten from VZN and there is always a problem!

0 Likes
Re: Auto Backup Assistant KILLS my data Connection
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

use google to manage your contacts and uninstall backup assistant.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy the reliability you deserve from your device! I recommend running the device in safe mode for a while to see if the performance changes. If the problems persist, a hard reset would be the next step.

http://bit.ly/n2EIBZ

http://bit.ly/w21WpW

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
myvzndroidsucks

You can't uninstall Backup Assistant.

0 Likes
myvzndroidsucks

I'm not running my phone in safe mode. I want my phone to run in normal mode as it is intended to do.

0 Likes
adam3

I also have a problem with Backup Assistant.  No matter what I do or any of your techs (tier 2) do, they can't get my backup assistant portal populated with my contacts past  M.  I keep waiting for them "to call me back" to resolve my issue and when they do call back (which is seldom) they call many hours later then they claim the will call.  So I am hoping for resolution through this forum.  My phone says it backed up 4555 contacts. The Verizonwireless.com/backupassistant says there are 4555 contacts yet nothing shows past M (and in M there is only one entry, "me").  I have stopped services. I have created a new backup assistant account , the phone was initially wiped when I got my new phone.  I have cleared cache.  Not sure what do do next?  Also, what is the maximum amount of entries for backup assistant?

0 Likes