Auto Brightness Adjustment?
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

I like using "Auto Brightness", but when in a dark environment, the screen is actually too bright (or maybe I should say it could be more dim).  When I'm ouside at night, or before I fall asleep, I'd prefer the screen to be at the lowest brightness level.  Is there some way to adjust the dimness on "Auto Brightness"? 

0 Likes
Re: Auto Brightness Adjustment?
Wildman
Legend

You can not adjust the auto brightness option, you can turn the feature off and ajust manually with the power widget.....  Also just for the record that the auto brightness usually drains a battery faster that just manually adjusting...  Just something to consider..

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3
Well, dang! Smiley Sad Thanks Wildman! Smiley Happy
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Look into a app called Power Widget from Market that make controlling the backlight easy and you can add a option on desktop to toggle Auto feature if you want and then it shows a slider when disabled to adjust backlight..

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I think the battery management app in the phone will adjust it for you depending on time of day and battery state. It will also turn off wifi on its own if you set it up.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

That sounds interesting, I may have to check that out because that could be useful as well..   Thanks for infomation..

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3
I think the setting in battery management will adjust brightness only when the battery level drops below a certain level.
0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Check out the APP called "Screen Filter" ...   its pretty nice.  It does exactly what you want - it provides a way to dim the screen for night time situations.

0 Likes