BACKUP ASSISTANT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE
tinkerbelle59

I used to sync with my Backup Assistant, but the past several weeks when I try to sync I get a popup telling me I am not a subscriber at this time and to call *611.  Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes
Re: BACKUP ASSISTANT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE
bearone21
Legend

did you select gmail as your backup & do you have a b a account with verizon wireless that you can view on a pc/mac?

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good Evening tinkerbelle59!

So sorry you're having problems syncing your contacts with Backup Assistant on your Motorola DROID X device!  I would like to help.

Just as bearone mentioned, and since activating this device, have you synced your contacts with GMail?  If so, that's okay.  You can sync with GMail as another backup option, but if you'd rather sync with the Backup Assistant application, I suggest performing a sync with the "Google/GMail" account first to ensure you don't lose any of your contacts.  Then you can reset the Backup Assistant app by going to Settings > Applications > Manage applications (ALL) > Backup Assistant > Force Close & Clear Data.  This will reset the application back to it's original state.  Go back to the main "Settings" menu and select Backup Assistant.  Go through the Backup Assistant setup process.  You may need to export the contacts (as a .csv file) out of Google/GMail, and import them into Backup Assistant.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nigelgraves666

ive ben tryen to fix my back up assistant on my pantech caper phone number <Personal information deleted.> im not seemen to get it right and not getten the help i nedd my name is <Personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

\

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nigelgraves666, I would love to help with your Backup Assistant! What exactly is the problem with your service?^SP

0 Likes