BATTERY
SANSAN38

AFTER POWERING ON, WHY DOES MY BATTERY DIE AFTER TWO HOURS, ON MY MOTOROLA DROID MINI; HOW CAN I FIX IT?

0 Likes
Re: BATTERY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
SANSAN38, it would be frustrating to have your phone die so early. Let's get more life out of your phone. When did this start? Did you do any software updates or install any applications recently? How long have you had your phone?

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SANSAN38

I did install MESSENGER; but have since uninstalled it.  I have had this phone since late 2013

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Four year old phone might not have good battery life anymore. Maybe it is time to replace it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SANSAN38

Let's see what's draining the battery life on your phone by tapping Settings>Battery>Review the battery usage.

Click the link below for more suggestions on how to extend the battery life on that device:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-85611/

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SANSAN38

It shows MEDIASERVER and MEDIA are using up a total of 70%

SANSAN38

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SANSAN38, thank you for keeping us posted. On the phone go to settings > Apps > find Media Server and Media. For both force stop and close. Power the phone off and back on. Let us know if you still have the trouble.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SANSAN38

TionnaB_VZW

In APPS, there was only Media storage; so, I clicked Force Stop.  It worked a bit, meaning the battery lasted a little longer than before, but, still only last a few hours.

SANSAN38

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts, SANSAN38. Our goal is to ensure that we've looked into every possible cause for the battery drain and the options to resolve it. Ann154 mentioned a good point above. The older a phone's battery gets, the battery life tends to decrease. This could be what you're experiencing. However, let's continue with some troubleshooting so that we can determine for sure what's going on. What software version do you have installed on your phone? Check by going to Settings > About Phone > System Version. Also, please run a Device Health Check using the steps on the following link http://vz.to/2ksl0lb . Within the results, review the information shown in the battery section and provide us with the details. 

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes
SANSAN38

System Version

24.21.7.obakem_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Thank you

SANSAN38

0 Likes