BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL 801-222-2269 Messages
mnjaime

So excited to get and play with my new Incredible yesterday.....nice upgrade from the LG Dare.  And so far I'm really digging it, but I'm dealing with this pesky issue:

Has anyone else ran into an issue of getting multiple messages from 1-1-801-222-2269 saying this: 

“//BREW:0104F4BC OZMAIL CI=79E7E9F222A94522D14BCDB6DD866012 MC=3 To stop these messages simply reply to this one (charge may apply)”  

This is a huge annoyance, and it says to respond STOP, but then there could be a charge applied.  Don’t know about you, but I am very cautious about responding to anything that says “a charge may apply”.

Anyone know how to stop these messages from coming?  I set the number up as a number to block, but I’m still seeing them.  Please Help!  …and thank you in advance for your help!!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: BREW:0104F4BC:OZMAIL 801-222-2269 Messages
budone
Legend

I read texting stop does work, but I found this option also.

Login to hotmail - then at the top of the screen click "More" to get the dropdown menu.
Select "Mobile" and in the new page there will likely be a section on the right hand side of the page where you can edit your mobile settings.
Delete your phone number from records and turn off the setting to send SMS notifications.

That should do it. I haven't received anything from OZcrap any further.

0 Likes
mnjaime

@budone, thanks!  Its good to hear that you are no longer getting them.

I have a GMail account....does that make a difference?

I thought I saw something about having to re-active my old phone, change a setting on that one....and that should resolve the issue too.  Anyone know more about that?

Isn't there a VZW techie out there surfing the boards that knows about this, that could offer a solution?

Thanks!

0 Likes
artcatscoffee

Found this from another website regarding texts from 801-222-2269:

For all the Verizon users, goto your account management page on the verizon website ( create an account if you have not already ) and under the user/spam controls you can block number from calling and texting you. Free for limited blocking ( expires after 3 or so months, up to 5 or 10 numbers ) or premium for unlimited.
You can also block web based texts, so only phone sent texts will work.

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

mnjaime wrote:

@budone, thanks!  Its good to hear that you are no longer getting them.

I have a GMail account....does that make a difference?

I thought I saw something about having to re-active my old phone, change a setting on that one....and that should resolve the issue too.  Anyone know more about that?

Isn't there a VZW techie out there surfing the boards that knows about this, that could offer a solution?

Thanks!

Were you by chance using Mobile Email on your old phone for gmail? I noticed that I received two of those messages at the same time 2 new emails came through on the acct I set up on my DINC through the HTC mail program.

I had also received two other brew messages about VZ Navigator and Mobile Email may now cost due to change in plans (had the premium before that included them). Once corrections in My VZW were made to make sure those features were no longer active, I replied stop and the notices stopped with new emails.

0 Likes
goodgye

I had this problem too and searched all over for a solution.  Replying "Stop" made no difference.

I had Mobile Email on my old phone.  I had to use the old phone (did not have to reactivate it) and open the Mobile Email and delete my email accounts from it.  This stopped the instant notification of new email that was on my account under Mobile Email and what was causing all these annoying messages.

After I did that, I called Verizon and had them remove Mobile Email from my account.  Once I did this, the annoying emails stopped. 

0 Likes