Back-Up Assistant
jalysehunter

I have the Droid Incredible, and last week I switched back to BlackBerry for a couple days-- Now I am back to Droid and my BackUp Assistant WILL NOT WORK! I am so mad! Even online, when I try to sync from online, I am getting "there is a problem with our server, please try later" error message. This is getting VERY irritating! Has been going on for 4 days now! Anyone with any insight on this problem, please help me out here! Thank you!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Back-Up Assistant
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

When you log in to your My Verizon account, your contacts should still be there.  

Try dialing *228 send and option 1 on your phone.  

Then try backing up the contacts again. 

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
Touch Settings.
Touch Accounts & sync.
Touch Backup Assistant.
Touch Sync now.

If you still are having problems you may have had compatibility problems.  

To use Backup Assistant to transfer information, both devices must be compatible with the application. 

Backup Assistant is available on the BlackBerry Curve, Storm 1 and 2, Tour and Bold devices.

For Blackberry phones which do not offer Backup Assistant, or to get contacts onto a Blackberry device from another device which does not support Backup Assistant, please follow the instructions below:

Step 1: Download the Desktop Manager.

Step 2: Syncing with Personal Information Managers:

1. For corporate, contacts will be synchronized over-the-air via BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
  2. For personal, the device must be synchronized with a computer.

0 Likes
dantre3
I'm having the same problem . called tech support this morning . tech tried accessing their account. was not able to do so. suggested maintenance was in progress. asked me to try again in a couple of hours. it's now been 8 hours . still no access
0 Likes
Not applicable

Oddly enough.  After more then 9 hours I now have access to the Backup Assistant.  I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but I un-mounted and removed my SD card and then tried to sync.  And VUALA, it started to work. Or.... Verizon was done with their ahem "maintenance".

Sure would be nice if they'd let us know when they are performing maintenance!!

BTW: SD card mounted automatically.

0 Likes
susan1125
Enthusiast - Level 1

The screen is broken, and I am unable to see anything on the phone.   What can I do???

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important saving your contacts can be susan1125! If you had Backup Assistant saved on the handset before it was broken, you can retrieve your contacts online via the website. If you didn't have the application active, you could visit a store location for the possibility of a manual transfer. I hope this information is helpful.

http://bit.ly/ISRJSK

http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes