Backup Assistant Pin Problems
Andriod_Chuck

System keeps telling me that I have an invalid PIN.  When the system tells me the PIn, it's the correct PIN but I can not get the system to accept the PIN.  I tried delete and restore, but there is no un-install option. It only says, "force stop"; and that does not help.   This has been going on for a month.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Pin Problems
kevlar119

Same problem here - only solution from Motorola is to contact tech support and do a factory reset. 

0 Likes
Andriod_Chuck

Will I loose everything on my phone?  apps?  Phone numbers, etc?  Who is tech support?  Verizon?  Motorola?

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

I would like to suggest that you uninstall the backup asst and reinstall it. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
GeForce

How does one go about unstalling the application when it came installed on the phone and does not populate in the "Manage Applications" menu?

I'd LOVE to remove this application as it does nothing but constantly give me this "Invalid PIN"  error a few times a day. I am a little disappointed that we cannot remove some of the pre-installed applications that are unwanted/uneeded on the phone.

0 Likes
Catspanker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had the same problem.  According to VZ tech support, the only way to fix is to do a master reset.  You will lose all of your custom apps.   I had all of my custom ringtones saved to a file on my PC, just had to reload those.

My contacts were saved on the website BA, but I seem to remember having to go back and set up my email accounts on the DX all over again.  Back in the saddle now.

0 Likes
Andriod_Chuck

I am wondering if the new o/s Android 2.0 will correct the problem.  Any ideas on when that will be coming out?  We may have to reload everything when that happens.  Why do it twice?

0 Likes
henrytseng24

I'm having trouble with my Backup Assistant.  It keeps asking me to confirm my pin but the pin number I received through the system does not work.  I brought the phone in to a service center and they were not able to help.  

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
have you tried the pin # you used to activate the phone, probably the same number.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Andriod_Chuck wrote:

I am wondering if the new o/s Android 2.0 will correct the problem.  Any ideas on when that will be coming out?  We may have to reload everything when that happens.  Why do it twice?

I am assuming you mean 3.0.. The problem is with Backup Assistant not the phone or OS so I would think it wont fix it because BA has been having issues for some while..  There hasnt been any official report of the adroid X recieving this update so you may have a bit of a wait.

0 Likes