Backup Assistant Plus failure?
sfbookwriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

For several weeks now my backup assistant plus constantly reports nothing backed up, "upload failed" and "please subscribe to Backup Assistant Plus." I subscribed (multiple times) via my Droid. I went to the website and subscribed. I cleared data. I forced stop. I rebooted. Went back to square one and did it all again after it, yes again, reported failure and, yes again, asked me to subscribe. I called Verizon Support and was told it was a known problem but would be fixed in a few days. That was weeks ago. It still fails. 1) Is there a fix other than what I've tried? and 2) if there's not and I need to back up all my data and contacts and photos, what do you recommend? This is very frustrating. Thanks in advance for your help. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus failure?
Krish23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can you please let me know which phone are you using? Name & Model number?

0 Likes
sfbookwriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

0 Likes
Krish23
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. Please do me a favor and follow  the below  instructions and let me know what you find:

1. Go to https://mediamanager.vzw.com/web/vcast/mediamanager

2. Assuming you are already registered to My Verizon, log in using your Cell Phone Number (the cell number that you are using on your HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE phone) and My Verizon password

3. Do you see a "To use this feature you need to add Backup Assistant Plus:Media to your account" message OR Do you see the files that you previously uploaded to Backup Assistant Plus?

0 Likes
sfbookwriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I see files previously uploaded.

Since my initial post two weeks ago, I've ceased using Backup Asst Plus (I unchecked all boxes relating to its uploading content from my phone). I did (after the post) visit my local Verizon store (when there were no answers here) and Melissa there reset my wireless connex/4G connex, at which time BA Plus started working. For about forty minutes (by the time I got home it ceased working). Subsequent attempts by BA Plus to upload content resulted in a "server not responding" error (sorry--can't remember exact words. I deleted all the stuff.) So I gave up. I know I can sideload content if need be. Or I can (which is what I'm doing now) look for another backup provider that has a better reliability record (my keyword search on this issue on this forum as well as on the Internet overall showed large numbers of customers with similar or the same problem going back for several years.) Maybe at some point the software people will get the bugs out of the program. For now, I need something I can rely on.

Thanks for checking in on this, Krish23.

0 Likes
Krish23
Enthusiast - Level 2

No problem at all. If possible,can you please check and let me know the software version that is running on your HTC phone? I just want to make sure you have the right software running on your phone.

0 Likes
Krish23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked the software version on the Droid Incredible 4G LTE that I am using. It is  2.17.605.2 710RD and has been available for download since the first week of October 2012. Backup Assistant Plus works flawlessly on this software version. I would request you to upgrade your software to this version, if you have not already done so. Thanks .

0 Likes
sfbookwriter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought the phone the first week of October. Software status is 2.17.605.2 - 1.43.605.3 dated 10/18/2012. I did a manual update (check new) and it told me there was no other upgrade, that this software is up to date.

Thanks for your continued concern.

0 Likes