Backup Assistant - Unable to Connect
Crunk20002004

I just switched from AT&T to Verizon yesterday so some of this is new for me (including Backup Assistant).

I have the HTC Incredible and I followed the steps given on the website but when I go into Backup Assistant, after agreeing to the User Agreement it spins and says "Checking account" as if it's trying to connect and verify and then simply says "Unable to Connect to the server." I've restarted my phone and the problem is still happening. I'm on 3G with 2-3 bars and currently connected to Wifi so I don't know why this is happening. Help?

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - Unable to Connect
budone
Legend

There is a major issue with backup Assistant and Verizon in my opinion really is not concerned about it.

Some customers get stuck looking at a spinning circle. Others like me can log in and select sync and after a few minutes it states it was successful, yet nothing changed on the device.

This is a service offered to every subscriber, so it is used alot, yet this issue has been going on nearly  three weeks now.

Makes me wonder if BA will turn into a pay service.

0 Likes
Crunk20002004

So it's happening to you too? I have my contacts listed on the computer incase something ever happened to them and they're technically still stored on my iPhone; I just figured that I'd use the BA since it's a service offerered with Verizon just incase something happened to this phone...

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is happening to everyone I believe

0 Likes
Crunk20002004

That makes me feel a little better than. At least I know it's not my phone

0 Likes
Carolperre

I don't understand what the 4 to 8 digit PIN is....help me

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You set up a pin on the system and on the Incredible so when the two attempt to sync, the system recognizes it is the correct device.

0 Likes
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

We are currently investigating the Backup Assistant Website for problems.   We apologize  for any inconvenience if you are experiencing problems with the Website.  Try dialing *228 send and option 1 on your device, then try syncing the contacts again from the phone.  

From the home screen, touch the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
Touch Settings.
Touch Accounts & sync.
Touch Backup Assistant.
Touch Sync now.

0 Likes
adjohn

Still unable to use backup assistant.  (did *228, option 1, etc).  Never gets past:  "cannot connect to the server/"

0 Likes
leterp

Same problem for me Called the # downloaded and said it was succesful, automaticaly rebooted the phone but when I went to sync it said it was succesful but no change on the computer backup assistant

0 Likes