Re: Backup Assistant - Unable to Connect
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Power the device off, then back on, then try syncing the contacts again.  Then try logging back into your My Verizon and checking the contacts.   

0 Likes
gratyngrogg

I'm on a Droid 3 and having the same issue.  Called the number and got a message that said activation could not be completed.  This software is garbage.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon.

I'm sorry you are having problems with the Backup Assistance.  To better understand and assist you, I need some more information.  

Has your Droid 3 already been successfully activated and are you able to use it?  If so, have you downloaded the Backup Assistant application on the device?  Once you download it and set it up with your pin, you are able to access the application at any time from your device, as well as My Verizon.  This way, when you activate a different phone on your number, you will be able to download the same application, Backup Assistant, and your contacts/ numbers will transfer to the new device.  If you have not downloaded the application to your device, you will not be able to access your contacts via My Verizon.

Please select this Backup Assistant link for assistance in downloading it to your Droid 3.

Thank you,

0 Likes
eawilhelm

Well.. I could never get the backup assistant to work.. So I followed the other step to do it with out... http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/transfer_contacts/droid_no_ba.html  that worked wonderful.

0 Likes