Backup+ Media Issue
RT41144

Starting about a month ago, several times a day, the app Backup+ Media pops up and says it's not working right.  I have to Force Close to make it go away.  I don't even use the app and I don't see any way to uninstall it.  I've cleared cache and data and it doesn't make a difference.  Any ideas??  Thx

0 Likes
Re: Backup+ Media Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone do you have that way more specific information/instructions can be given.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RT41144
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your reply was blank. Please try to repost your message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RT41144

Sorry -

I have the Droid 2 Global running Android version 2.3.4, System version 4.5.629.A956

on a Motorola Razr

This app came with the phone.  I didn't download it so I'm assuming it is compatible with this equipment.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Media Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RT, it must be annoying to have an error constantly popup on your phone. There is not a way to uninstall the app, but since you're not using it, you can reset it. You mentioned you cleared cache from the app, but please do the same for Sync Service. Go to Settings, Apps, Manage Apps, select All, then scroll to Sync Service. First force close the process, then clear data and cache. This will stop the app from trying to update.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RT41144

Hi,

I did as you instructed but it's still happening.

-R

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's continue troubleshooting RT41144. Please backup and complete a factory reset here http://vz.to/16rSO1K test and share. Thank you.

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Before you do the Factory Data Reset, I would try the Cache Partition Wipe. Very simple to do and will not force you to set your phone back up all over again. This will NOT impact any of your data or applications however it will remove any leftover code or temp files building up in there and make the phone run smoother. Many times you get issues like these because an old command is in the Cache and is being called instead of the new one.

Step 1: power your phone down

Step 2: hold volume up, down, and power simultaneously

Step 3: use the volume down to navigate to "recovery," use volume up to select

Step 4: you will get a screen with a triangle with an exclamation point, next to an Android. Press volume up and down simultaneously

Step 5: use the volume rocker to navigate to "wipe cache" and use the power button to select.

Step 6: after it has finished, use the volume rocker to navigate to "reboot system now" and use the power button to select.

Step 7: say "TA-DAA!"

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Jakeman1 wrote:

Step 7: say "TA-DAA!"

I like this step!

0 Likes