Bad lag while phone is plugged in.... *SOLVED*
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I noticed a while back that I was having pretty bad keyboard lag.  Well I figured out it was only happening while my phone was plugged in and charging.  I have tried this several times and notice if the phone is charging you can not text... unplug the phone and it works fine.  Anyone else experience this?  Any kind of fix?  I would like to not have to unplug my phone to respond to texts...

0 Likes
Re: Bad lag while phone is plugged in....
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

BTW, it is a Droid X2 with stock 2.3.4

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not that i'm aware of because i charge with it off & wait 'til it charges in 3 hours. text, email & phone messages taken care of when i power it up.

verizon recommends turning the phone be turned off now & then, much like rebooting a computer because it is a computer.

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oh I do.  I have to turn it off every day because my notifications go on silent and the only way to get them back is to reboot the phone... 

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

business texts or stuff that can wait for charge to complete?

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well... I don't personally think that matters...  I want to be able to use my phone charging or not.  Its not just the texting either, everything lags real bad.  I can't even slide to unlock or enter my screen code to unlock when its charging.  Wouldnt be a big deal if the battery lasted all day, but I usually get about a half day before it needs charged...

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kalojado,

I could imagine it would be frustrating having to unplug your device every time you want to text.  I would like to help fix this for you.

First, a few questions to determine the root cause.  Is this only happening with the wall charger?  What particular charger are you using when this occurs, the one that came with your DROID X2?  When did this start happening?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kalojado
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah, I have had this same issue for quite some time and after reading another forum tonight I tried a new charger and BAM, problem fixed!  I had thought it was my phone, but it was definitely the charger.  The one I was using was the Verizon 9ft charger they send out with replacement phones.  Model: B141000.  Black with green on the back.  Gave my wife my charger that came with the DX2 to take to work and use because I liked this big long cord.  So for months now whenever I tried to use the phone while it was charging it lagged so bad I would have to continuously unplug it and plug it back in when I was finished.  Needless to say, having a text conversation when battery was almost dead was really annoying...

So when I read this post tonight I went up and grabbed my old Samsung charger from my old Samsung Fascinate and sure enough it worked just fine...  No lag what so ever.  So I am guessing it is an issue with the DX2 and the generic Verizon charger they send with replacement phones not being compatible...

Furthermore just as a test I just tried the actual 9ft USB cord with the Samsung plug you plug into the outlet and its still working fine...  So I assume its the Verizon plug part not putting put enough voltage or something.  Pretty happy that I can seemingly still use my 9ft cord!  So if you have a spare plug I would say give it a try!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

kalojado,

Great!  So glad to know you were able to determine the cause, and glad your phone isn't defective.  Thanks for keeping the Community updated, and thanks for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family!

Have a Great Day!

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

glad it worked but not all chargers from all vendors are the same unless same part number, even though it's a standard plug-in for all phones now.

anthonyta_vzw:

what if he has warranty problems on down the road & has used a non motorola charger?????

0 Likes