Re: Battery Life with froyo...
jarn606

Further information  just got off the phone with verizon and htc  verizon no help at hall  Htc  very little help told me the same on charging the battery  also told me to get rid of task killer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I definitely agree with the last statement .

0 Likes
jarn606

One more thing when you call verizon and Htc  they act like this it the first time they are hearing this problem. 

0 Likes
Joelab

Were did you get the extended battery seidio 3500.

0 Likes

YOU may have just checked scores and some texting, but the phone obviously was doing much more. At the 4 hour mark for me, if I am below 80% I am surprised.

You need to see what all is running. How often is the phone checking for email, are you synced to Facebook, are you running  a task killer.... that is the bggest battery killer. And do not worry about the programs you see running in the background, they do not use resources.

I have not cut corners on my phone, I sync 7 email accounts every 15 minutes. I sync weather with 2 services, I keep GPS on all the time, so  in case I lose my phone I can track it. I text (alot) and surf the web and make calls, I can easily make it through the day. Last night at midbight when I came home I was at 10%.

Charge your phone. when charged, unplug the charger shut off the phone and plug the charger in to bump charge. It takes about twenty minutes. When charged, turn the phone on and go through your day. When the battery is low, go into MENU>SETTINGS>PHONE>BATTERY and see what you up time is compared to your awake time. If they are close, you have something that is constantly running.

So the number of apps I have downloaded on my phone (and are probably running in the background) won't affect battery performance?

I typically leave my WiFi off unless I am at a known hotspot and want to use the internet.  Is it worth it for me to download Battery Booster?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The apps people are concerned about are those that can not be deleted, Sykpe, Amazon, City ID. Some feel they are consuming resources because they, 'See' them, but they do not use resources unlessed used.

I say the same for programs you have downloaded unless they are checking for something every so often. Right now I see 11 apps that I use in my run list. But looking at the resources they are using, it is zero.

0 Likes