Battery Life
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

curious to see how others are doing on battery life?

I have the OEM battery (got it CPO on 9/1).

during idle use, my battery drains about 5% per hour on 4G (turning off wifi & bluetooth).  on just wifi, it drains about 3% per hour while idle.

so if someone wants to test idle use for an extended period of time, charge it up to 100% just before going to sleep.  then, when you wake up, see what the battery level is at and how many hours have elapsed.

thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Battery Life
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

bump.....

I realized that if I turn off mobile data while maintaining a WIFI connection, I get battery life.  what gives?  I thought the phone was supposed to "mute" mobile data when there is a wifi connection?  I understand about MMS can only be received bia mobile data, but this should new kernel update should not be draining the battery - right?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jco23! I can address your concerns about your battery life! When you're connected to WiFi, you're no longer using data via our network. Any inconsistences with the battery are not related to mobile data being turned on.

ChaunceyM_VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

thanks for the response Chauncey, (also should have been edit in my second post, I get "worse" battery life).

anyhow, I conducted an experiment whereby I would leave on WiFi and 4G while I sleep (~7 hours), and my phone typically drains about 23%.  when I leave on WiFi and turn off mobile data during the same time-frame, my phone drains about 8%.  keep in mind that I have a Wifi in my home while I sleep.  this has been consistent over the course of a week.  I even did a hard rest with no apps installed and still got similar results.

0 Likes