Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Battery/charging issues
bls0306

I purchased my HTC DROID Incredible 2 new from a Verizon store about 10 months ago.  I've had few problems with the battery or with charging.  I have noticed that gradually it's been holding less and less of a charge, but assumed it was normal with increased app usage and the ageing of the battery.  But recently, it's started shutting down completely, despite having just been charged-- at first it would only shut down while I was operating it-- whether opening an app or sending a text message-- and after a few days it started shutting down even when it wasn't in use.  When I plug it in, it does appear to be charging, and generally works well whilst plugged in, but as soon as I unplug it, it shuts down, and even upon re-starting, it will continue to turn off.  In the few seconds that it's on in between, the battery icon shows a low battery, even though it's just been charged for hours.  I haven't downloaded any new apps or software recently-- the last download was several weeks before this started to happen.  I've tried gently cleaning the battery sensors and charging port, but nothing has worked.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Battery/charging issues
dptrson

I've been having a problem like that. I charge it every night and more and more the battery charge doesn't last the day. The last few times about mid afternoon it tells me my battery is low. I keep checking if any unnecessary apps are running but looking at the list of apps, it doesn't appear to be so.  I don't watch movies, tv, or listen to music. So what's up? This is supposed to be a good smart phone and you should be able to do those things. I couldn't if I wanted to because of the low battery. If that's really the problem. So any one else have any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Battery/charging issues
koodie78

Check out first topic about battery issues,  I posted under kfish78 ...anyway. might help

0 Likes