Battery draining super fast after system upgrade
Mac4069

I just had an upgrade on my phones software a few days ago. Now my battery dies 3 times as fast at it did before, and it is also having issues charging.

can anyone help? is anyone else having the same issues?

0 Likes
Re: Battery draining super fast after system upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mac4069

Droid bionic. It will have a full battery, then be drained in 4 hours with little use

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you done a system cache clear since the update?  It will not affect any of your data or settings, but may clear the battery issue.

Directions if you need them:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having battery problems after an update is not how we want you to enjoy your phone Mac4069. I would first try removing any problematic applications that may be conflicting with your new software http://tiny.cc/20eaxw. To do this, enable safe mode, then add each application on your phone one by one until you notice if any of them are problematic. I would then ensure all apps your not using are closed, which will help with your data and battery. Also ensure your phone is not checking for notifications constantly. If you continue to have issues, you may need to perform a factory reset but before doing this last step ensure all your information is backed up. Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes