Battery heating up
fdrp123

Why is it that my battery when either charging or talking on it heats up so hot that I can not use it.  I took it to 3 Verizon stores and each one said it's a bad battery and i need to buy a new one.  After 3 batteries, it still heats up.  None of the batteries would hold a charge for more then 4 hours at a time.  My phone also shuts off on it's own will I am talking on it.

0 Likes
Re: Battery heating up
Ylozoya

My phone does the same thing... Verizon technical support said the same to me that I needed o purchase a new battery

0 Likes
Re: Battery heating up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello fdrp123,  Your safety is our priority!  I apologize for the delayed response.  How long have you had your phone?  Did you notice this happening after installing a new application as it may be running in the background and affecting the processor.  Try starting the device in Safe Mode to see if it still gets as hot.  Here is a link to the instructions: http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=34184  Please keep me posted on the status as I would be glad to provide additional support.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes