Re: Battery losing charge while plugged up to charger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Missunewman

I'm glad you are getting a replacement device mailed to you. I'm sure it will address the issues you were having. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with your Incredible 2.

Thank you,

JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
kkharvey

I am also having the same issue. Plugged my phone in with the charger that I got with the phone last night before bed, this morning it was completely dead. I tried a different charger this morning. I have finally gotten it to the point that it will turn on for a minute but it does not appear to be charging, the lightning bolt shows but the battery icon is not filling from right to left as it should and I have an message stating that I need to plug my phone in. This is a disaster for me as I use my phone constantly for work. I have had my phone about a year and only had this issue one other time and it seemed to straighten it self out quickly after removing the battery & replacing it. I have tried that & it hasn't helped. If this is going to be an ongoing issue with this phone then I will be switching to a different brand and/or style of phone. I cannot be without a phone for days on end.

0 Likes
ShandraL

I am also having the same issue with my phone.

About three days ago, I noticed that I can only charge my phone if it is plugged into the wall and turned off. It will not charge if it is on and plugged into the wall, instead it slowly uses up the battery. Usually it will drain down low and tell me to use my AC adapter - which I already am!

I have to use my phone for work which was why I chose a smart phone - connection to email, text, and phone service. It sounded great! Plus I'd be able to access social media and music so I wouldn't need to boot up a laptop. Now I'm wondering if this was the wrong decision to make. I'd rather have a phone that works and carry around a laptop, camera, and ipod!!

Today I went to the Verizon store nearby (which is 30 minutes away!) and was told that they couldn't find an issue. They examined the battery, the connection, etc. and finally said it might be my charger. I had already told them that I tried several other Verizon/HTC chargers and experienced the same problem.

I was given the "Get a certified like-new replacement" pamphlet before leaving.

I'm very frustrated and don't want to pay for a new phone when this appears to be a widespread issue. I don't feel as though the people in the store actually listened to anything I had to say, or what I had already attempted on my own. I had already taken the battery out, I had already tried several chargers, and I already checked to see if it was overheating.

The phone doesn't charge while plugged in and on!

0 Likes
Lastexan

Perform a battery resistance test. It will require a volt meter from your local radio shack...or...better yet, take the battery into radio shack and ask them to please test the batteries' ability to hold a charge. Another thing, have you tried a different AC power cord from the wall to the device? if there is a short in that wire or interface then that will solve your problem. I wouldn't just "Leave it charging while you sleep" because this may be a serious fire risk. Lithium is highly combustible (Turns into hydrogen in the presence of moisture). If this test passes then just buy a new charger and battery (They aren't that expensive and well worth the lives of you and your loved ones)

I know this doesn't give you an answer to your problem and for that I am sorry. I just want to make you aware of what COULD happen if this issue is not corrected.

Bests,

Trace

0 Likes
Lastexan

Please keep in mind that the more background applications you are running, the more juice the processor requires.

0 Likes
savoring_life

I have had the same problem described in this post.   I asked the verizon wireless dealer if it was a battery or the phone.  They determined it was the phone and replaced it with a certified pre-owned phone in February.  About 2 weeks ago the battery started to not fully charge again.  This morning it was not charged at all after being plugged in all night.   I took the phone to the wireless dealer and they said my warranty was no longer available first they said it was because I had the phone for more than 90 days... then they said... oh wait your year was up on June 13.   As I talked with them, the manager said he could give me a "special exception" onlly this time and send me another certified pre-owned, but if it happens again I was out of luck.   I asked for a loaner phone and then they said they would check the battery.   I had to go to an appointmnent and then I came back and they said it was a bad battery and that I need to purchase a battery.  

Honestly I am VERY frustrated with the manager at the store ... the customer service representative wanted to help me out to give me a different phone, but the manager was actually not very helpful.   I have 6 phones on my account... I'd think I would get a bit more help.

So is this a poorly manufactured phone or is it a poor battery issue or what?

Lisa

0 Likes
ladybasketball
Enthusiast - Level 1

its funny how verizon never replys, n when they do its to the person who brought up a liability issue...lol they dont offer any help. "im glad your getting a replacement phone" im sure u r, a recycled phone, im sure thats saves ya bunches....did ya read the other post??? some of them say theyve had several replacement phones that all do the same thing....problem not solved sir.

0 Likes
picrawf

Did you just do the Droid update pushed out by Verizon on 7/5/12 (or close to that date?).  I did that update and my battery is losing it's charge very quickly, constantly re-booting, etc.  I have done a factory reset and Verizon has told me I will have to buy a new phone.  Before I did the update, my battery was lasting for a good 2 days without charging.

0 Likes
savoring_life

I have heard nothing... and the replacement phone that was sent this time also stopped working... I was given another one and told it IS the battery so purchased another battery.  It still is not working 100%.  I was also told that I have to purchase a new phone next time and I am not eligible for an upgrade...and let's add to that when I get the new phone upgrade eligibility I will lose the unlimited data package I have... hmmmm something is so seriously frustrating here!

0 Likes
savoring_life

it was not connected to the update issue because I was having this problem in June Smiley Sad

0 Likes