Re: Beware of the 3am wake up call
ColonelSeitan

Weird, I haven't had this happen yet (or maybe I just haven't noticed it). I've had the charge for a few days and let it charge at night.

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

You're probably too sound a sleeper.  :smileywink:

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

ballanda wrote:

Warning: The **bleep** at Samsung thought it would be a good idea to set off a notification which plays your system notification sound/vibration, as well as lights up the screen, every time the battery reaches 100% charged.  So don't sleep in the same room as your phone.  No need to respond with a lame workaround fix for this issue (e.g. turning volume off before bedtime, apps that control volume oin a user defined schedule).  I obviously know about those.  The point is that this is stupidity at finest.  Notifications in the middle of the night with no way to disable them.  Samsung, are you hiring?

hidden menu:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/charge-rooting-roms-hacks/90575-hidden-menu-option.html

just don't screw around with all of the other settings. no root or anything like that is required. this simply accesses the advanced menu. i personally think a simple app would be easier to use, but you appear to want to change it in the phone, without using an app, so this is how you do it.

edit---my bad....the link is for the fascinate i think? but there should be similar threads with instructions for the charge if it requires a different dialing #. maybe google will lead you to it? i've accessed these menus on HTC's and it's no big deal if you can find how to get to them.

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

I jsut realized chris put a app he made on my charge and it gives the option to silence charge complete notification, usb synch notifications and a few little things. Why they hid that in the first place is beyond me, it is part of the updated androd update from last febuary.

0 Likes
HoustonHeart
Contributor - Level 2

I did that dialer way to test it, it showed my batfullnot already off. But I was able to get to it usign hidden menu way. Question is, does it stick without use of custom aps. I will see if he can put the app he made up on market place, I had to isntall it usign an apk.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

HoustonHeart wrote:

I did that dialer way to test it, it showed my batfullnot already off. But I was able to get to it usign hidden menu way. Question is, does it stick without use of custom aps. I will see if he can put the app he made up on market place, I had to isntall it usign an apk.

i'm pretty sure there are already apps out there that do it. i only posted the info on the hidden menu because the original poster of theis thread didn't seem to want to use an app.

0 Likes
Nebular_Novice
Contributor - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

i'm pretty sure there are already apps out there that do it.

I would be interested in a pointer to such an app. 

I just installed the Charge software update (came out yesterday), but I still get vibration at bat full -- even with vibration set to fully off!!!

I can try to hidden menu approach, but you seem to think the app approach is better.  (I don't see any reference to it in Elixir.)

(At least the update fixed the hotspot switch problem -- not sure how long we'll have that available anyway.)

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi vidguy7,

Did the steps offered by the community resolve your issue? If, not please reach out to me for additional assistance.

Thanks for your patience,

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello HoustonHeart,

At this time there is no way to disable this notification besides the workaround you have discovered.  

0 Likes
vidguy7
Contributor - Level 2

AyaniB_VZW wrote:

Hi vidguy7,

Did the steps offered by the community resolve your issue? If, not please reach out to me for additional assistance.

Thanks for your patience,

In terms of the 3am wake up call yes, in terms of the no data on 3G in some locations, no.  As you may be aware, we also now have an issue with the Android Marketplace since EE4.  Some apps are now inaccessible that were prior to the EE4.  HBO to Go is one such example.

0 Likes