Re: Bionic Cannot Hold Data Connection
standman73

Dude this issue needs to be resolved.  We are all trying to get what we pay verizon for, but still no consistent data.  Very frustrating!!

0 Likes
Raulut02

My bionic will not hold a consistent data connection either!

0 Likes
hayzooos

I'm having the same issues apparently.  I think I go 40% of the time with no data connection at all.  I've tried all the same tricks, but nothing works.

In addition, my phone (Bionic) won't even check for updates, since I read months ago about some mythical update to resolve this data issue.  Every time I go to Check for Updates, I get: Check for Update is not available at this time.  The message isn't that there is not an update available, just that it won't even look.

So between the $90 a month for service, and the money I spent for the phone, I feel like the biggest sucker on Earth.

0 Likes
User13

We have been having the same problems since we got the Bionic a couple months ago. The week after we got it, we went back to the store to complain. We were told they knew of the issues when we bought it and hope to have an update coming out soon. That was 2 months ago. So, in other words, they KNEW they were selling us something that didnt work, didnt bother to tell us before we bought it, and now don't appear to want to do anyhting about it. Not only did we pay hundreds of dollars for the phone, we have to continue to pay almost $100 a month. And there is nothing we can do because when we bought the junk, they locked us into another 2 year contract. I must say, I have always been a fan of Verizon. I recommended them to anyone I could, I would give them favorable reviews in any and all surveys I could find... Now, my dedication is wavering. I understand with any new product, there can be issues. The true testament is how the company handles the issue. if they handle it well and take care of their customers and own up the the problem, you know they are a good company and can be trusted. So far, Verizon has not shown me that they even CARE about this issue, let alone plan to do anything to make it right. I am extremely disappointed.

0 Likes
weatherguy86

Verizon clearly isn't listening to us. I think it's time to take the 4G nightmare story to the Consumerist. Companies seem to listen when the Consumerist listens. 

For what it's worth - 3 times today I had no data connectivity at all. Let me tell you - GPS is pretty worthless when you're lost and you can't get the maps to load because your phone is incapable of holding a data signal!

0 Likes
mobius0322
Enthusiast - Level 3
0 Likes
tthurlow
Its not just my bionic that's doing this either. I recently upgraded my xoom to 4g and ever since it wont hold a connection either. I'm paying 140$ a month for about 7gb of data between the two and barely using 2gb because I can never connect. I think its time we start discussing class action lawsuit for charging me a fee, but not delivering what I pay for.
0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3
Well maybe it is not the bioic after all. I am traveling and not in my normal 4g area. my bionic has connected to 4 g every time I have tried since I started my travel. my Normal area is near dc, and my data is almost non existent there. if I always had the connectivity that I have here, I would never have complained. verizon needs to fix their network. I Agee that we are paying for something that I am not getting, and this was the gist of my complaint to the FCC.
0 Likes
shawnbooms

I feel the pain of all of you.  7 years as a VZW customer, and all we get is an I'm sorry, this issue is known and we are working on a fix.  I have had this bionic since it first came out.  I have done everything everyone has mentioned to deal with the problem, reset to factory, airplane mode at least 15 times a day, pulled battery, wait on OTA update, talked to local VZW tech.  I asked what my course of action was, if the new update doesn't fix the issue we can raise it up a level, so I asked what if that did no good, well you are passed the 14 days so you can't trade it in on another model, to which I replied maybe if you guys can't address my problems I would have to take my business elsewhere, to which they replied, you know you will have to pay to terminate your contract early on all 4 lines.  HA.  when I did my upgrade to the Bionic I spent nearly $1500 to upgrade my wife and son early with multiple chargers and cases and other accessories.  $1500 in one transaction after 7 years of service which only god knows how much my monthly bill has added up to over the years. 

All I want is a phone that works.  If the TECH GODS are listening, help the bionic community.  Pull your none working phones off the market and offer a choice of replacement phone.  I don't even care that I have paid for data plans that you can never connect to, I don't care about resetting upgrade time lines, all I want is to continue paying you for a phone that works.

I have never been a fan of Apple or IPhones, but man are they looking good.  And not from VZW.  AT&T stinks around here, but I believe I am almost to the point of biting the bullet and spending god knows how much to cancel early and go to someone else.

I feel like we are all getting the short end of the stick here.

VZW and MOTOROLA. . .

. . . Rectify the situation please

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

shawnbooms wrote:

I feel the pain of all of you.  7 years as a VZW customer, and all we get is an I'm sorry, 

I feel like we are all getting the short end of the stick here.

VZW and MOTOROLA. . .

. . . Rectify the situation please

Perfect post. Thank you.

0 Likes