Re: Bionic Cannot Hold Data Connection
BuffaloBub

I have the same issues - it is worse since the update. Before I would occasionally loose the data connection, now I occasionally have a data connection. I got a lapdock for Christmas - great present when you have no data connection!

FIX THIS PROBLEM!

0 Likes
ascii

I really hate to beat a dead horse but VZW needs to address this issue, or at least make some kind of statement about it. All we ever get is some VZW forum monitor apologizing. (I work in support so I'm not bashing the mods here, believe me)

I was hopeful the 0893 update would resolve the problem but often times it seems like the data connection is worse. I live in a strong 3g area, and work 1/4 mile from a 4g tower yet I'd say at least 50% of the time I have no data signal at all.

I'm trying not to give up on VZW completely, as I've been a customer with them as long as i can remember, but this issue is really starting to get old. And the worst part is if you withhold payment in protest more than likely they would just shut your phone off and charge you the early termination fee. Brilliant business strategy.

0 Likes
mpasley89

I am having the same issue. they keep insisting that it is the phone. they are now sending me Bionic #3. Since i have had the phone in late November i have had no internet connection. they are refusing to exchange it for a different phone. saying its my phone number and that they need to put a ticket in to make sure my phone number is ok..?? I have never had an issue with data connection on ANY of my previous phones, EVER. they fact that they keep insisting its the phone and my phone number and not telling me its an issue with there network or with the make of the phone really ticks me off. They have been telling me there are no reports for this type of problem that they have no records of this ever happening. then with them not calling me back to see if the problem is fixed when they say they will doesnt make me much happier. I am an Over The Road truck driver and i NEED my internet working to be able to find my loads, and i cannot leave or find a load without the internet. But who cares that this is affecting my income and livelihood. I am just completely FED up with vzw at this point. and Sprint is looking pretty damn nice right about now.

0 Likes
brainof7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Beware.  I kept getting "No Data Connection" notices.  I was recently told it was not a network problem but a "known" problem with the Bionic.  Verizon just sent me a refurbished Razr to replace my Bionic.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/12/19/this-is-why-your-verizon-galaxy-nexus-or-other-4g-lte-vzw-ph...

0 Likes
mpasley89

They refused to send me a different phone. I am on my 3rd Bionic, Still having the same issue. They are REFUSING TO DO ANYTHING FOR ME besides sending me the same phone having the same issues. I am about to disconnect my services. I pay 270 a month for unlimited services and I have been a customer for 4 years now and I get treated like I am an idiot.

0 Likes
chekhov

I am in your exact same shoes. 200 bucks a month, 3rd bionic, and same shitty phone. seriously upset customer

0 Likes
mpasley89

I have already file a complaint with the BBB and I am in the works of leaving VZW. I have never been treated so poorly in my life.

0 Likes
BC123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too am frustrated.  The problems are bad enough but many of the Verizon and Motorola tech support act like you are the only one with a problem.  Do they think we are stupid or do they just not care.  I was so mad I was ready to just replace the phone but if they force me to do that I couldn't stay with Verizon because of the way the treated me.  Finally I decided to Try the Update 5.9.901.  I installed yesterday and I now have a great signal.  I have signal now in places I never did before.  I actually like this phone now.  I am still mad at Verizon and will probably leave when the contract is up do to the way they treated me but as long as the phone is now working I can at least wait till I wont have to pay an early termination fee.

fiddlethis

settings>battery and data manager>data delivery>enable background data and enable data access over mobile network

0 Likes
boilerphan

After trying some of these actions and suggestions, this data connectivity issue is still happening.  I have used a power manager app in the past named Juice Defender Ultimate.  I had stopped using it recently but I remembered that it had a data recycle function when it goes from a locked state to an unlocked state.  I re-enabled the app and it has a prompt to refresh the data connection when you begin to use the touchscreen.  This refresh causes the data to recycle and restore the connection.  I have had it this way for a couple of days and it works very well.  If the data connection does drop, I just turn the screen off and unlock it to force the recycle from the app.  It beats having to do a power down.

Good luck to all in this but I wanted to share what I have found to be successful for me.

0 Likes