Bionic End of Life
Cado15

So the Bionic has already reached EOL. I used an upgrade to get the Bionic, my order was confirmed and I was expecting my phone today. I bought all of the accessories such as an Otterbox, extra chargers and an extended life battery(which required a 2nd case). It was supposed to be delivered today but I could not find a delivery time, so I called Customer Service. Due to overwhelming demand, they sold more Bionics than they had in stock so I'll not be getting one. That renders all of my extras useless and due to the EOL, probably means there will be no Ice CReam Sandwich upgrade for people that currently own the Bionic. I have a hard time understanding how a company such as Verizon can confirm a sale and it takes 2 days and a phone call from the customer to find out they don't have a phone for you. But maybe not a bad thing for me as this phone not getting any more upgrades

0 Likes
Re: Bionic End of Life
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3

I had the bionic and it was a great phone. I got the extended battery and a case. However like any other phones, every couple of months new phones come out and they need to get rid of them. I know some retailers like go wireless still carry it possibly for free and its still a good phone. End of life doesnt mean its a bad phone, you still have your warranty. Even betterm if they stop making the phone, you can get something better. I would tho just send it back, pay restocking fee and get something newer. Bionic has been out since ariund august of last year.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you return all the accessories if you don't end up with the Bionic?  The EOL for the phone is not surprising.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Squeekers

You called customer service and they told you they didn't have a phone for you?  Did they offer you any other phone?  What didn't you mention in the OP?  Or were you just left to your own devices? 

Verizon's website says the phone is *temporarily* out of stock.  If it was gone all together and not available again, it wouldn't even be shown on the site any longer. 

0 Likes
amandafail

I was in a Verizon store earlier today and was told they are no longer selling the Bionic, however you may opt to get one for FREE with a new 2 year contract.  They have removed all the Bionic accessories and have them in the back if you ask for one. 

EOL doesn't just mean they are no longer selling them...the device itself has reached the end.  My Bionic has been wonderful until 2 weeks ago.  I have already received 2 replacement phones and the 3rd one will be here tomorrow.  How many 'like- new-certified-pre-owned' or whatever they call it must I get before I can get a phone that works? 

They can't sell a Bionic, but can give it away free if you sign your life away for 2 years...but I have been a customer since 1996 and can't get a replacement phone that works?  So much for customer loyalty!

Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes