It has been almost 3 weeks since my phone upgraded itself to 4.0.4, and I am still having problems with it. Here is a list of the issues:
1. Music and Photo Galleries will not open whatsoever (these two are the most important to me.)
2. Camera will take pictures, but will not allow saving.
3. Battery dies within 3-5 hours, even after a whole night of charging.
4. Low on Volume Space and Background Restricted messages keep coming up, and I have no idea what they mean.
5. Notifications and ringtones are not opening up either.
6. Phone over heats sometimes for no reason.
7. Alarm does not go off.
I have already cleared the system cache by using the power and volume up/down buttons method, and it did not do a thing, at least from what I can tell because there is no change in the phone. I really do like this phone, and have not had problems with it before until now. I'm hoping that I will not have to do a factory reset, because I have pictures and videos that I wish to keep. If anyone has anything to suggest for a way to fix these problems, please let me know! I would greatly appreciate it!
Some of these issues, sound like they could be related to the SD card. Have you verified the phone in reading the SD card correctly? Also try reading the SD card with a separate card reader to check for the files are still located there.
I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.
Good afternoon kricc88,
One issue is too many, much less at least 7! Let's figure this out. For the pictures and media, you can 1) Backup all the pictures to SD Card. 2. Go to Settings>Apps>click ALL tab>Media Storage>Clear data. Once completed, please remove battery & SIM card and restart. Let's see if this helps. Please keep us posted.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport