Bionic Recently not receiving Text Messages
luddy

I have been having issues with not all text messages coming thru to my phone.  My fiance also has Verizon and twice now she has texted me in the AM and the message comes thru but a text later in the afternoon does not.  I tell her I didnt get it and she resends it then I get that text fine.

Any ideas what is going on?  I have had VZW for years and have never had an issue like this.  This Bionic is sucking more and more each day.

0 Likes
Re: Bionic Recently not receiving Text Messages
geek_girl_913

I've been having the same problem, too. I won't have any messages, but then all of a sudden I get bombarded with the ones that have been backed up for hours. Not sure if it's a Bionic specific problem, or a network problem. I know it's easy to just say the phone, since everything else is wrong with it. I would call Verizon and ask if they're having any network problems.

Just add it to the list of reasons why Sprint is looking better and better these days...

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello luddy,

I am more than happy to help you with the messaging on your device! May In order to get a better understanding of the issue, I have posted some questions for you. If you can reply with the requested information, it can help me diagnose the issue and find a solution for you. They are as follows:

1. What city and state are you in?
  2. When did you noticed the issue?
  3. How much available device memory do you have?
  4. What software version do you have on the device? (Android version, baseband version, and system version)
  5. Have you erased all of the long threaded text messages saved in the device?

I would also like to provide some commonly used troubleshooting steps for text messaging. 

Keep in mind that the factory reset will wipe the device memory and settings. It is highly recommended to back up contacts and other sensitive information prior to this reset. Backup Assistant and your Gmail account are excellent locations to archive contacts. Once you have tried the steps above, retest your messaging service to confirm functionality. If the problem persist then please reply with your findings so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
MaryMaryX

I have had that problem for the past week where I have to completely reboot my phone for all of my text messages and even calls that I have missed where it does not ring but I have a voice mail. Its getting really annoying and I'm getting really **bleep** off about it. :smileymad:

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

MaryMaryX wrote:

I have had that problem for the past week where I have to completely reboot my phone for all of my text messages and even calls that I have missed where it does not ring but I have a voice mail. Its getting really annoying and I'm getting really **bleep** off about it. :smileymad:

MaryMaryX,

I can imagine how annoying this is becoming, and I would like to help!

First, I need to know have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by ?  Have you changed the Message limit allowance in Text Messaging settings?  This is done, while in the Text Messaging application, by pressing the Menu key > Messaging settings > Message limit.  You can also uninstall any 3rd party messaging applications and test the texting capabilities.  Last, hard resetting the device would be the final troubleshooting step to resolve this issue.  Just ensure your data is backed up prior to the reset.

Please let us know the results of your testing.

0 Likes
NeonDeon

Dear Luddy,

I'm frustrated with the fact that when i tried to erase a certain block of messages from 1 person this morning, my phone acted like I'd erased everything.  This has happened before.  I can't get into my inbox, but when I go to messages from the menu, I come up with New Message on the page, but no messages.  The last time I did this, I panicked, thinking I'd erased them all, but I recall turning it off for the night and the following morning, I had my messages all back.  I've been on the phone with a customer rep for verizon.  I have a convoy.  The rep said I had to call them back from another phone, but have no other to do so.  What have you got to suggest?

0 Likes