Bionic continual reboot cycle
veriozonjj68117

Some time early this morning, my droid BIONIC decides to reboot and cannot connect to any service whatsoever, I get a sign saying no service, only emergency calls. That has been going on since 7am I am starting to wonder if maybe the data lines are down because when I try to do a factory reset all it does is bring me to the Welcome screen, says this may take a few minutes and then it reboots again. Before I tried a factory reset, all it did was say there was no service, is it possible that the data lines are down or in service because there are no ways of having my phone reset if the data lines are down. And as of this moment, I am wondering if maybe the Bionic may be in the process of being discontinued similar to other phones.

By the way, I am talking out of Bloomington Minnesota. So maybe I will go to the nearest Verizon store and find out what is going on. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered this predicament.

0 Likes
Re: Bionic continual reboot cycle
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Bionic was discontinued a few months ago.

Yes, the service in your area may be experiencing problems.  Try doing a soft reset:  hold the volume down button and the power button simultaneously for 10-15 seconds.  If that doesn't work, power down the phone, remove the SIM card, turn the phone on, then power down again and reinsert the SIM card.  Power the phone on and see if it registers on the Verizon system.  If that doesn't work, then either visit your local Corporate Verizon store or call Customer Service from another phone.

0 Likes
Re: Bionic continual reboot cycle
veriozonjj68117

I tried that, that didn't work, I was chatting with an agent from Verizon and she suggested that I send it back and have it exchanged, now the trick is getting to the nearest VZW store

0 Likes