Bionic issues..still
fire67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings,

Having issues post OTA. My 4G drops way more than it did before.. by dropping I mean it goes white for a while then back to blue or it no longer shows 4g. Anybody know what this means?? White and blue signal indicators?? Also,in pocket detection works only for a short time after I turn it on...then it stops. I have to go into settings turn it off then turn it back on..then a few minutes later it stops...Thanks

Re: Bionic issues..still
rexboe
Enthusiast - Level 2

My did not drop data before the update but know it does all the time. It goes from 4g to nothing. I did notice when went to cdma only mode it did not drop data. I guess it is a 4g issue.

gypsi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've also been dropping data since the update. Any ideas??

lildebi79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been dropping data connection a lot more frequently with the software update.... its so frustrating

LOUcifer
Enthusiast - Level 2

lildebi79 wrote:

I too have been dropping data connection a lot more frequently with the software update.... its so frustrating

Not to worry....WE ALL HAVE DATA ISSUES

but not according to Verizon we don't...according to them "I'm sorry your having issues with your Droid Bionic Mr. ____...This is the first I hear of this issue."

REALLY????...I love worthless people LOLOL

I have no data 4G or 3G right now right this second...I can't even "force" it into 3G.

Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tired even after the update my Data drops

jpvybes
Enthusiast - Level 2

haha, I got the same reply! That's because they are reading the script!

tbone732000
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok, check this out. I remember someone mentioned on this forum you could call VZN and ask tech support to reset your data, so I did that and what level 2 tech suport told me that the data issues going on right now with the blue - white 4G signal means that when it's white its a weak signal and blue means its a strong signal, and the reason for this happening more lately is because 4G is run off of "grids" and they currently have only two "grids" in the USA, SO because of the ever increasing demand due to sales these grids can't handle the demand. VZN is building more grids which in turn cause more problems holding on to DATA 4G LTE signals as they are being built. As oppose to 3G which runs on towers of which there are more of. The completion of more grids is uncertain at the moment but they are being built. She also told me what she can do for me to improve my signal was to give me "Hybrid prefered Roaming" and it may take up to 24 hours to take affect. Now, I'm not positive as to what all this means but I do know their are smarter people than me on this subject, and the more light you can shed on this the better. Please advise.....

Did I mention her RZR MAXX is doing this too. Blue to white and dropping data. GNEX and other 4G phones are all doing this.

tbone732000
Enthusiast - Level 2

The blue to white and white to blue hand-off went away for me after the update. This issue came from VZ network not our phone. My phone is working great now. I have not noticed any battery drain but.
Here's an idea that will give you great battery life. Go to settings>battery& data manager>Battery mode>custom battery saver and click on it's settings on the off-peak hours (8-5) "turn off data" 15minutes. NOW in the "peak hours" turn off after 15minutes and display <30%
This will turn off your data any time your phone is not on the charger. Once you start using your phone it will re-establish data and connect you. This will give you better battery life and re-establish a FRESH connection of your 4G.
It seems, at least for me, that if the phone tries to keep 4G connection and for whatever reason looses it, it will try to re-establish it about three times and then stop. If you are in a bad area you won't see a 3G signal either. Thus, your phone stays in a no signal mode.
If you do it this way your phone will have a fresh signal re-established and waiting for you when you wake the phone up and start using it.
What else helps is, and "I've only done this twice since the day the phone came out" remove your SIM card and clean it with and alcohol based cleaner and lint free cloth. Re-insert it and power up phone.
Give this a week before you think it won't work.

Remember sometimes we need to let our phones settle into an update.

Some people are having good luck with removing the battery and SD and SIM cards, powering phone up completely, and then power down. Re-installing the cards and powering phone back up. I did this for the heck of it and no issues yet. Signal is way better than last week when the blue and white hand-off was going on.

Other people are doing a full factory reset and having luck with that.

Other people are having luck with going from CDMA/LTE to CDMA only and back to CDMA/LTE. And clearing up all their issues.

rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had that same comment today when I called! I felt like yelling ng at them to read their own message boards.