Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bionic not receiving text pictures
smsliger

In Googling this issue there are many complaints about this issue, but I see no rel fix for it. Any suggestions? THANKS! Steve!

0 Likes
Re: Bionic not receiving text pictures
Not applicable

Smsliger, let's see if we can get a real fix for your issue! I'll need a few details to pinpoint the issue. I was able to test two Bionics and neither are having an issue sending or receiving MMS, so we would need to handle each on a case by case basis. Are you able to receive any picture messages at all? Are you able to send picture messages? Does this happen in a 3G or 4G area? Are you able to access internet?

Some general things to try first are removing the battery for about 30 seconds, sending yourself a picture message, turning on airplane mode for a few seconds.

Please let me know if you are still having this issue and need assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
smsliger

OK, I cannot receive any picture messages at all. I did receive them up until the software update. I can send picture messages, I can send a picture message to myself and receive it. I am almost always in a 4G area. I have no issues with accessing the internet.

I have tried removing the battery for as long as 5 minutes. I tried the airplane mode also to no avail.

Everything else works fime on my phone and I love it! There are MANY complaints if you Google this subject. Some people did a factory reset only to have it work a short time and stop. I have Lotus Notes on my Bionic for work (didn't receive pictures before that was installed) and am really hesitant to do a full factory rest and have to reinstall everything again. If that is the case I will just go without the pictures as there are no other issues.

In my humble opinion it is a software issue with the upgrade that I received Feb 12th. It worked fine before that upgrade, now it doesn't. Others are noting the same issue.

THANKS!  Steve!

<personal information deleted per TOS>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
smsliger

Mark,  I sent you the answers to your questions but then no response. Still an issue. Is this a Verizon software issue as I suspect? Again, many people having this issue since the update. Any suggestions since none of the previous worked? THANKS!  Steve!

0 Likes
Not applicable

Smsliger, thanks for the update. I apologize about the late response. I am still not showing this as a known issue and have not been able to duplicate on two devices with the new software update. It is possible that applications that were on the device before the update are somehow interfering with the picture messaging. Please boot your phone into safe mode and test sending picture messages. This disables all third party apps from automatically starting. If the phone works in safe mode, there may be an application causing this issue. Please try removing recently installed apps or any that may be related to the camera or messaging. If still having issues, try deleting your Messaging threads and send a picture message to yourself again. If no changes, the last step would be a factory reset.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
blouden89101

try using handcent diff app if that still fails are u getting the 3g or 4g at the top if not theres ur problem data link is failing. if it is then id try disabling the data manager. since i rooted and switch roms Ive noticed better reliability ...may want to look into that if welling to try hope this helps if not you know where to find me

Bryant

0 Likes