Bionic volume rocker skips vibrate altogether.
Outflank

Recent replacement refurb Bionic. ICS 4.0.4.  Previous device's charging port failed. First thing I did was boot the replacement up, go through the initial steps, format the sd card, and ran this unit through the test course. Almost made it with passing grades, until I noticed the vibrate feature was not accessible by toggling the volume rocker up or down. Straight to silent it goes. I have to manually switch it to vibrate within settings/sound, or slide-lock screen. I've cleared the system cache as well, just in case. I doubt any of the few apps I've reinstalled have had time to clutter it, but I'm covering all my bases in the troubleshooting. With the number of failed motorola handsets I've encountered, I'm beginning to think they're messing with me. I wish Google all the luck in the world after they've acquired motorola.

Any suggestions?  Any input is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Bionic volume rocker skips vibrate altogether.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Outflank,

Having multiple devices swapped out can be an inconvience.  I want to make sure we get your device back up and working as you expect.  Do you have any power mangement apps on your device?

Warren M.
Vzw Suppot
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Bionic volume rocker skips vibrate altogether.
Outflank

Hey! Sorry for the delay, I haven't been in the forums in a while. No, I do not have any power management software, nor any type of 3rd party volume management software. In fact, I am running pretty streamlined in terms of minimal use of apps at this time. If I hold the down volume it slides all the way to the lowest volume and pauses, as it has on my previous droids, except upon one more touch of the down volume it goes straight to silent with no vibrate.  Also, on my last bionic( which was replaced due to a faulty charging port) there was an option within the system settings/sounds menu where you could choose to use the ringtone volume as the master volume for all other volumes, i.e., notifications, media, and alarms. There is no such option in this case. Which is quite frustrating, as it is apparently also running the 4.0.4 ICS. Perhaps a different build or something.

Verizon's (In my experience) has been pretty solid in most regards. Your tech and reps have been, for the most part, very professional and helpful. You're network(except for some previous messaging server issues that bounced my text messages around for a day, and 3+ months of 4g synchronization nightmares induced by motorolas' complacent engineering last year) has been pretty much 99.99%, and I appreciate all of your teams work. It may seem nit-picky, but I expect my tech to be dialed to the t. I've worked in the tech sector and I love testing and diagnosing tech so that others will have a flawless experience with their gear. I wish I didn't give motorola a 4th chance to prove they don't feel the same!

Anyhow, I will be checking this forum regularly. Thank you very much for your time and assistance! 

0 Likes