Bionic won't connect to wifi connection
rickfire911

My bionic was working fine until the recent .905 update . I notice my wifi doesnt connect at all & the wifi signal icon shows white color never turns blue . Also it saids im connected  but  It seems that no internet data comes over the phone only on  wifi mode . Ive checked all my router & phone settings it seems to be correct . All my other wireless devices work fine & not the droid phone .So far its got me puzzled &  Ive tried everything but having no luck with it. Any one have any sugestions or answers ?

0 Likes
Re: Bionic won't connect to wifi connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rickfire911, I can certainly give some suggestions on this issue. Have you been able to connect to other Wifi hotspots since this issue started? If you haven't already, please tap and hold the Wifi connection on your phone to remove it and setup again. You'll need to enter your password again. Also make sure to reboot phone and try the Wifi connection again. Try also booting your phone into safe mode to see if you can connect to Wifi. http://bit.ly/mX5mec If the connection works in safe mode, you may need to uninstall applications that interfere with wireless connections. If still not working in safe mode, I suggest completing a factory reset http://bit.ly/nExWmP.

Let me know if you still need further assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lndsld17

I'm having very similar issues since the .905 update.  My phone doesn't have good wifi functionality when using facebook or youtube.  My opera browser works okay, but not as well as it used to.  Trying to download music took excessively long as well.  The really strange thing is that the wifi appears to work just fine when I turn off 4G or put the phone into airplane mode.  This poor behavior, which seems to be very low speed over wifi, has only occurred since the .905 update, before that, everything was great. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's see if we can get this working for you again! Have you also been able to try to steps that Marquia F. suggested, lndsld17?
Does it work if you delete and start the WiFi connection again?

Tamara H.

0 Likes
lndsld17

Hi Tamara.  Thank you for the response.  I have tried the steps that Marquia has suggested, it did not work.  Wifi works perfectly on my home router if I have the phone in airplane mode, but that is not acceptable to me as I can not receive phone calls.  When I have a connection to both the cellular tower and wifi turned on, my internet aps are very sluggish or not responsive at all.  This behaviour is new only since the phone was updated to the 905 software.  I was extremely pleased with its performance before that.  Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Regards,

Joe

Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 12:19:00 -0600

Subject: Re: Bionic won't connect to wifi  connection - Re: Bionic won't connect to wifi connection

>Post edited to remove personal email address<

Re: Bionic won't connect to wifi connection created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in DROID BIONIC by Motorola - View the full discussion

Let's see if we can get this working for you again! Have you also been able to try to steps that Marquia F. suggested, lndsld17?

Does it work if you delete and start the WiFi connection again?

Tamara H.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in DROID BIONIC by Motorola by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

© 2011 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless | One Verizon Way | Mail Code: 180WVB | Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information.

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
rickfire911

To the Verizion Wireless Customer Support Team

Thanks for the reply of my concern help of my droid bionic  with no wifi connection . I want to tell you that i have fixed the wifi problem for now . I didnt know why that the .905 upgrade would of upset my wifi & some of my phone settings But I found out that It was the wireless G router of mine. Just as a note that i purshased a new home N dual band wireless router  & its been working great actually which the data speed increased & stays connected now with no loss of data . I would say that if anyone has this problem that i had I would replace or change your router or upgrade from G to N routers. I also did a reset of my password  from wep setting to wpa2-psk settings to the phone.  I glad that this solution worked for me &

thanks again to your help

Rick

0 Likes
lndsld17

Unfortunately that won't work for me.  I'm already on a N-router using WPA2-PSK settings.  This makes sense to me because my wi-fi is great when I'm in airplane mode, so my home network is set up fine.  It has to do something with when my data signal is handed off between the towers and wifi. 

Any other suggestions out there? 

0 Likes