Bionic
chjelmer

My Bionic updated today with the 4.0.4 I believe.    I can't get it to change from 4G back to 3G...following correct steps when the CCMA/LTE appears it is NOT lit up..so I can't click on it..   What now?

0 Likes
Re: Bionic
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

ICS doesn't allow you to switch from 4G to 3G; you'll have to go to the Play Store and download an app for that.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Google Play and download LTE On/Off. Run the program and look for the portion that states LTE/CDMA/EvDo and click on that. A menu will pop up and give you 7 or 8 options. Choose CDMA Auto (PRL) and close the app. This will turn off the 4G searching however it will still show in the Grayed out section as LTE/CDMA so when you do get 4G or go into a 4G area and want to use 4G you will need to open it again and change it back.

I live in a 3G area surrounded by 4G and my phone was searching constantly and killing my battery. Made the change above and it does not search at all for 4G.

0 Likes
areyoukiddingme_

Thank you, you are a lifesaver and a battery saver!!!!!

0 Likes
XroosterX

So I it works when i switch it to 3g but to change it back it doesnt work.  I found other people have the same problem.    I chose LTE/CDMA/EvDo.  Thats the right choice to get back to 4g right?    This update freakin ridiculous.  I can tell you i probably wont every buy a motoroala phone again.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Denali

I used LTE OnOff to turn off 4G as soon as the ICS upgrade came out.  A while later we traveled into a 4G area, and I had the same problem--I could not get the phone to go back to LTE.  I ran that app many times, repeatedly powering down the phone and pulling the battery, and FINALLY the phone switched back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo.

I'm not messing with it again.

I gotta say, though, that I am overwhelmingly happy with the ICS upgrade, despite the loss of that option.

0 Likes
XroosterX

To not have that option is stupid in my opinion.  It says in their own "battery saver tips" to turn it to 3g. Well we dont have that option anymore so they should take it off their website.  Motorola is ridiculous. 

0 Likes