Black screen but phone is working?
enbuller

My friend got my Droid Incredible 2 wet and it was working okay for like 16 hours afterwards. Then it started turning off automatically. One of my friends said to put it in rice, which seems to have worked except the screen doesn't work. I'm getting sound notifications and blinking green lights, plus the phone vibrates when I press the navigation buttons, but nothing shows up on the screen. I just got this phone as a replacement because the charging port on my last phone wore out, so I really don't want to have to get another replacement. Any suggestions? Should I leave it in rice longer? Should I take it in?

0 Likes
Black screen but phone is working?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unless you have insurance on the phone, you will probably have to pay full price on a new one, or find a used one on eBay, Craig's list, etc.

0 Likes
Re: Black screen but phone is working?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Exposure to water can be a tricky thing, enbuller. Many times, drying it out in rice will help, but there may be underlying issues after the fact.
If you have insurance, you would need to contact them (Asurion) to get a replacement http://bit.ly/07CrqPK.

Tamara_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes