Black screen :-(
Sherlockno1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did search the forums, but I did not find a problem exactly like this one. I am not able to see my screen at all for any length of time. That being said, I went to clear the notifications this morning, and just after I slid the window open the screen began to fade and then went black. It has stayed that way. I turned it off, removed and then relaced the battery, and turned it back on. The screen is still black.Smiley Sad  It actually does work, as I was able to answer a call because I know where the answer bar is to slide, and I could hear that someone sent me a text, but it's lights out. Can someone tell me, is it the switch (software) or bulb (hardware)? So not a happy person this Sunday morning when the Verizon store is closed. I tried to do a hard reboot or factory reset by using pictures online and trying to guess where it was on my phone screen, but that was only after assuming the little android with the exclamation point showed up after pressing and holding the home key while turning it on. I have already backed up all my files to my computer, so I am not worried about losing anything to a factory reset if there is a way to do it blind or through my computer! Please help if you can. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Black screen :-(
Sherlockno1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Yes, both batteries LOL This is a replacement phone for one I dropped on concrete at the end of November or beginning of December. I just called Verizon. It's still under warranty, so they are sending me another "new" one Tuesday. I don't have a problem with that, especially since they send yet another battery and charger. If this keeps up, I will have chargers at every socket in my house and enough batteries to last for almost a whole day without charging ROFL! Thanks for reading my post and replying, though!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Have you tried booting into SAFE MODE?   If this is a DROID X, to get into safe mode:

- Power OFF

- Press & Hold the MENU button (far left button)

- Power up phone - but continue to hold MENU button

in 1-2 mins it should come up saying SAFE MODE in lower left corner.

Did THIS work?  or still a black screen?  Did you try plugging it into a wall charger & powering it up? Is it fully charged?

0 Likes
Sherlockno1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes. No. Yes. Yes. Yes, both batteries LOL This is a replacement phone for one I dropped on concrete at the end of November or beginning of December. I just called Verizon. It's still under warranty, so they are sending me another "new" one Tuesday. I don't have a problem with that, especially since they send yet another battery and charger. If this keeps up, I will have chargers at every socket in my house and enough batteries to last for almost a whole day without charging ROFL! Thanks for reading my post and replying, though!

0 Likes